• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Abellio Online Assesment

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyccfc

Passed too. Seems they'll have a rather large pot to sift through by the looks of it!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

abacus614

Not really. Allowing the online assessment system to take out the first bunch of people that didn't meet the set criteria of responses is much easier and less time consuming than them sitting down and looking at everyone's applications in person and culling people.

That’s a good point but if that was the case then surely everyone who applied would have sat the assessment. I think you’ll find not everyone received the link to complete the online assessment. Who knows main thing is I passed.

TGreen

Same here, passed the SJT and in the sifting phase now. Already passed all the paper tests to an enhanced level and the MMI with the OPC. Long wait but will be interesting.

TTD85

Not really. Allowing the online assessment system to take out the first bunch of people that didn't meet the set criteria of responses is much easier and less time consuming than them sitting down and looking at everyone's applications in person and culling people.
I’m surprised it’s taken 3 weeks to send out an email to say you’ve passed or failed!

Very happy to have made the cut, good luck ladies and gents on the sift, the real challenge of the assessments come next.

The way the email was worded I was beginning to grow concerned that I was about to be rejected due to application volume.

abacus614

Just out of curiosity is there anyone on here who completed the application form but didn’t get asked to complete the online assessment?

PaulBusDriver

I've got to the sift stage also, hope it progresses further but ultimately it's anyone's guess who will go further at this point. I'm also awaiting response for GWR so having two in the pipeline is some comfort.

Skubakong

Passed too. Seems they'll have a rather large pot to sift through by the looks of it!
Hi mate, I also got through the situational awareness test of 19 questions. I've had email account issues and lost all emails. In the confirmation email they sent telling us we had been successful they also sent a link or list of the tests to come. Any chance you could forward me a copy of that link or list please, would be extremely grateful!

Marc5203

I know of one person who has done both assessments and MMI quick time.

Not sure if the submission of applications make any difference?

Carly181286

I know of one person who has done both assessments and MMI quick time.

Not sure if the submission of applications make any difference?

Already? That’s very quick isn’t it??
So some people are still waiting, Thad good to know.

I’m fairly certain our friend here is talking about a previous time.

Still waiting and there is no guarantee of hearing news even after we reach 12 weeks.
In the words of our forefathers, keep calm and carry on.

Carly181286

I’m fairly certain our friend here is talking about a previous time.

Still waiting and there is no guarantee of hearing news even after we reach 12 weeks.
In the words of our forefathers, keep calm and carry on.

My oh applied and heard he had an assessment but he didn’t get the email as we were away with no internet. He had contacted them and they said when they have another assessment day they will contact him. They originally emailed him about 3 weeks ago now.

Eddie9372

A friend of mine applied this year, online in Feb, stage 1 end of March and had his stage 2 today so some people are going through now

Eddie9372

Hi I'm waiting too, but I think they must looking at applications and top slicing first to see how many that get through. Hoping I'm wrong but a friend has been to Watford already and he is a manager I'm not.

Dante

Interestingly, despite applying for the Birmingham positions and being within the allowed commute time, my application has been changed to an application for Coventry as it's closer to my home address. Doesn't bode well for me if that's how they're playing it!

abacus614

Interestingly, despite applying for the Birmingham positions and being within the allowed commute time, my application has been changed to an application for Coventry as it's closer to my home address. Doesn't bode well for me if that's how they're playing it!

How have you come by this information. Did they inform you by email?

Status
Not open for further replies.