• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Abellio Online Assesment

Status
Not open for further replies.

2ontheBuzzer

I got my new link last night at 21:15, so completed it ask soon as I got it lol.
Not too bad, seemed kink common sense for most of it to be honest. Fingers crossed I get through to the next stage!
Good luck with yours.
Thank you for your response.

Was the test timed?

Good luck and fingers crossed for us all.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Weaver30

Thank you for your response.

Was the test timed?

Good luck and fingers crossed for us all.
The test briefly mentioned they advise you it will take around 30 minutes but I didn’t see a timer on screen anywhere. The 19 questions are simple enough shouldn’t take you the full 30.

Oddgy

Just received my online sjt invitation too, having never done one before I am quite worried as of course don’t want to fall at this hurdle so early on ... like the rest of us. Is it based on questions within the industry or based on general situations ?

dev_27

Hi all, I have received my invitation link for online assessment today, can someone throw some light on what kind of questions they ask and how difficult is to answers those, as never have this test before. I highly appreciate your response.

peewee92

Hi everyone,

I have been invited to do an online assessment for the trainee train driver 2021 in Worcester, any tips before I start the assessment would be much appreciated :D

Thanks

Don’t be scared of the SJT folks, it’s fairly easy, it’s mostly common sense.

For those that pass through the SJT and the sift, WMT uses the enhanced standard for psychometric testing, this means the passing bracket for joining WMT is higher than the legally mandated minimum rate.

The psychometrics tests will come in part 1 (paper tests) and 2 (computer tests), across separate days, my first and second testing days was about 2 weeks apart, although getting invited to part 1 took an entire year.

Part 2 tests only take place in Watford, if you aren’t local, it’s well worth grabbing a hotel the night before rather than risking traffic or late running public transports, everyone in my group stayed at a hotel as we were all Birmingham locals.

Please feel free to contact me at any time.

Has anybody completed the SJT using their mobile? When I try using my mobile and tablet it just says that my resolution is below the minimum requirement, on both devices. Does anybody have a way round this or am I borrowing my daughter's laptop in the morning?

Ladder23

Established Member
Yet to do my tests, I only just managed to get my application in on the closing date!

mtl83

Has anybody completed the SJT using their mobile? When I try using my mobile and tablet it just says that my resolution is below the minimum requirement, on both devices. Does anybody have a way round this or am I borrowing my daughter's laptop in the morning?
You need a mouse to do the test.

Uncle Croydon

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum and yet reading my way round to see how things are done here. Can someone please give me a head start on Cross Country trains; specifically Leicester and Birmingham depots?
The routes they cover,
the traction they signed
and any other information that might be helpful for driver’s interview

Thanks.

dev_27

Dear all

Can someone explain what is sift interview?
How does it work in trainee train driver role

Ladder23

Established Member
test completed, relatively easy,

will it be a case of highest score stays, or is there just a benchmark to reach?

Stigy

Established Member
test completed, relatively easy,

will it be a case of highest score stays, or is there just a benchmark to reach?
It’s usually based on the average of highest scores in the initial assessments.

Good luck!

You need a mouse to do the test.
Cheers for the heads-up.
Just completed test. Virtually the same as OPC Avanti SJT. Like somebody mentioned previously, one option can be ruled out almost immediately. Sometimes a case could be made for both remaining answers and almost wish there was an annex at the bottom to justify a decision. But, this system has worked for years so fingers crossed I'm more wheat than chaff.

Ladder23

Established Member
The three answers, one as previously mentioned is always a instant rule out but the other two answers I had times where I was stuck a little.

I wonder if there isn’t necessarily a right or wrong, but that one may be slightly more appropriate so is scored more as opposed to nothing? Or does it not work like that

The three answers, one as previously mentioned is always a instant rule out but the other two answers I had times where I was stuck a little.

I wonder if there isn’t necessarily a right or wrong, but that one may be slightly more appropriate so is scored more as opposed to nothing? Or does it not work like that

Especially with the customer interaction questions, I felt that either of the two remaining answers would have been satisfactory, from a TOC standpoint.

Stigy

Established Member

You’re correct, there’s often no right or wrong answer so to speak, but just a preferred one.

Oddgy

Done mine now, yes on a few you could see it could be 1 of 2 answers, and like you it was a case of reading again and really had to think through the answers yet on other questions the correct answer stood out like a sore thumb.

Done now...so will wait and see. Good luck everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.