Aberdeen - London Euston

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by Jord, 23 Sep 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mintona

Mintona Established Member

The chances of getting a discount coz you're a young enthusiast are less than nil.

You have to consider getting a YPRC before you do this trip.

2. djw1981

djw1981 Established Member

In my experience, after a certain time at night the sleeper staff are not keen on people from the 'seated' section wandering round, sticking heads out etc (given th guard is responsible for your safety.

3. W14Fishbourne

W14Fishbourne Member

Yes, you can have it advance dated for any day you like.

4. yorkie

yorkie Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Some guards will let you off, others may get an MG11 pad out and send the case for prosecution...
    OK, but you won't be anywhere near the 60.
    You'll still get frozen at this time of year. I sometimes stick my head out a bit for a few minutes before Preston to try to wake myself up, and after about 2 minutes it's just too cold to carry on. 12 hours is just insane!
    Possibly, yes.

5. Lee_Again

Lee_Again Member

Sorry if I missed this in other replies but...

Outward Savers are only valid on the outward travel date... unless there is not enough time to complete your journey. This means that if you arrived early evening in Birmingham you could quite legitimately say that you do not have enough time to reach London (especially if the last London has left). In this example you are allowed to complete your journey the next morning (must be before 12.00 - I think???).

Book the sleeper - you will never get on it on a Sunday evening without a reservation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.