• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

AbRail website

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Train

Established Member
The web browser I'm using is Apple Safari.

Here are screenshots showing the issue, I'm inputting the same search as the first time I experienced this, type 03066 into the search field then press search.

View attachment 81906View attachment 81907View attachment 81908

Thanks for that Tony, particularly going to the lengths of the screenshots - much appreciated.

Unfortunately, I don't own any Apple products (I'm an Android :D ) and can't get Apple Safari browser to do a like for like test on this issue. However, I shall do some digging to see if I can find why this is occurring and report back when I find anything. In the mean time, my best advice would be to change the view from mobile to desktop on your phone and hopefully that will work better whilst I try and solve this problem.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

takno

Established Member
Thanks for that Tony, particularly going to the lengths of the screenshots - much appreciated.

Unfortunately, I don't own any Apple products (I'm an Android :D ) and can't get Apple Safari browser to do a like for like test on this issue. However, I shall do some digging to see if I can find why this is occurring and report back when I find anything. In the mean time, my best advice would be to change the view from mobile to desktop on your phone and hopefully that will work better whilst I try and solve this problem.
It looks to me like the request is just timing out - the site is outrageously slow sometimes, even on desktop, and if the delay is in the wrong part of the request then iOS might just be set to give up on it pretty quickly. That said, I don't have a Mac or any easy way to get debug info out of the phone, so I'm not sure.

The browser on iOS is unfortunately a tad on the bug-ridden and out of date side, and it contains lots of clever optimisations which theoretically save battery life but mostly just lead to strange bugs like these.

Status
Not open for further replies.