• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Access to TRUST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rwhunited

I am currently a NR apprentice, I am just curious as to if I would be allowed access to TRUST or not.

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Rwhunited

I did just ring up IT support and he said do a software application online and it has been sent to my manager for approval but I am not sure if it is software we are granted access to or not.

Is there any legitimate business need for you to have access to it?

Ferret

Established Member
Is there a legitimate business need for a number of non-rail employed enthusiasts to have access to it? Cos we all know it happens :P

Yes, and there's one in particular who could end up causing a whole load of issues the way he carries on, not just with his illegitimate gen access either!

tcm1106

I did just ring up IT support and he said do a software application online and it has been sent to my manager for approval but I am not sure if it is software we are granted access to or not.

It's not really about the software as it is a mainframe application. The service centre will just push WinVVTN to your machine. It's more to do with what access priviledges are assigned to your #login. I have access to GEOGIS which uses the same system but no access to TRUST

michael769

Established Member
Is there a legitimate business need for a number of non-rail employed enthusiasts to have access to it? Cos we all know it happens :P

It will be a moot point if a few months time when much of the data will become accessible to the general public.

Status
Not open for further replies.