• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Acess to the TOPS system on the internet? Surley not..

Status
Not open for further replies.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Hi all,

Please check http://www.railuk.co.uk/pctops/ out, and draw your own conclusion to this software availble on the internet.

Has anyone actually used it?

I think it isn't the real system, because i haven't heard anyone mention it on the internet before. I personally think it's just a list of consists which MUs are formed of etc.

Does it really work like the normal system?

Ian

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

It's basically one of those books with all the trains in (except with a bit more info, and regularly updated by the owners!).

AFAIK it is no longer updated.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Tom said:
It's basically one of those books with all the trains in (except with a bit more info, and regularly updated by the owners!).

AFAIK it is no longer updated.

Ok thanks for the quick reply. Just a shame no one has replied to my freight query yet.

Guinness

Established Member
It looks to me like a program where you keep a log of sightings etc.

Guinness

Established Member
TRJA BMN F MAN would be Birmingham New Street from Manchester Trains.

A list of services would appear giving there Headcode, Times, Last Passing Point of Train and repotr (10 LATE, CANCELLED, POWER PROBLEMS AT STOCKPORT etc.).

It works of a Command Line type system. I've only used it a few times before and it's a useful system and is probably a simple thing to use once you get the hang of it.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Royalscot said:
You can access TOPS from a PC within the railway's own intranet. However the data on it is commercially sensitive and (well it may have changed) you actually have to understand how it works to get anything out of it because it's all command line.

TRJA 1A23

Gives you a timetable listing for 1A23 if my memory serves me correct.

Basically the system is not for any Tom, Dick or Harry to use.

Why not? It isn't like I can go on my PC, and route loads of Voyagers/Pendos via the S&C? (or crash loads of empty "computer controlled" 142s, 143s, and 144s at high speed into a buffer in the middle of no where)

I also have 37s apparantly goin down Clitheroe & Blackburn for some reason at the mo LE ..

Status
Not open for further replies.