• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Activists and human rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad465

Established Member
The problem here, of course, is that the government doesn't actually care about people smuggling or human misery. They will remain quite content to defend this disgusting policy up until the moment it no longer benefits them politically.
Yep this is a divide and rule tactic. Normally I would argue the best thing that can be done is for everyone to not talk about this subject, however as lives would be at stake if we just left the crossings to take place, I think the focus should be on highlighting this policy is about divide and rule and then highlight a more feasible solution, like processing in France first.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WelshBluebird

Established Member
Absolutely. If offshore processing is really necessary (and that's a huge if), we could fund a location in France (where most of them come through) and process them there.
Whilst you may not think this, I do want to clarify one thing that some people seem to have misunderstood. This policy is not about simple offshore processing. It is about permanently sending people to claim asylum in a different country. Some people seem to have got the wrong end of the stick and thought it was about offshore processing but it isn't.

edited to say I've just you say in another post "being sent to Rwanda to await the outcome of that claim, and finally being allowed to settle in the UK". That is NOT the policy. The policy is to send that person to Rwanda full stop and leave them there to claim asylum there (not waiting to claim asylum in the UK). The policy is a lot more dangerous and inhumane than simple offshore processing.

Last edited:

najaB

Veteran Member
Whilst you may not think this, I do want to clarify one thing that some people seem to have misunderstood. This policy is not about simple offshore processing. It is about permanently sending people to claim asylum in a different country. Some people seem to have got the wrong end of the stick and thought it was about offshore processing but it isn't.
I know this, but that's what it is being spun as - offshore processing. Even some Tory ministers didn't realise that there was no way back to the UK.
I've just you say in another post "being sent to Rwanda to await the outcome of that claim, and finally being allowed to settle in the UK". That is NOT the policy. The policy is to send that person to Rwanda full stop and leave them there to claim asylum there (not waiting to claim asylum in the UK).
That was specifically with reference to someone from Rwanda who would be included in the "UK will take Rwanda's most vulnerable refugees", not the general case.

windingroad

Not liking this new bill of rights the Gov't want to bring in. All seems a bit suspect!
And, as usual, millions of people in this country will be absolutely delighted that they have fewer rights, as long as that means immigrants do too.

Not to worry though, I'm sure it'll all end well.

Status
Not open for further replies.