• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Acton Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

At home in North London, wishing I was bashing a t
Acton Bridge (North of Crewe) has a very frequent freight traffic, according to Freightmaster Online's timetables. I am hoping to go there soon to do some filming, but I am unsure as to how popular this station is, in terms of both Passenger & Enthusiast use.

So, I have a few questions:
  • Does anyone know if this station is suitible for filming?
  • Is it crowded with Enthusiasts/Passengers?
  • Is there good viewing at either end of the station?
  • Is there enough space to set up a tripod on the platform?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jordy

Established Member
Hi, I should be able to help hopefully!

• Does anyone know if this station is suitible for filming? Yes it is
  • Is it crowded with Enthusiasts/Passengers? No, hardly any passengers use it, althought there are occasional enthusiasts.
  • Is there good viewing at either end of the station? The south end is definately good, the North end isnt so good, although you MAY be able to get shots from the bridge.
  • Is there enough space to set up a tripod on the platform? Yep, i've done it before!

EDIT: Click here to see a video (not mine) of a shot from the south end of Action Bridge.

Hope this helps

Jordy

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I will agree with Jordy on all of those points as I was there when we visited! Yes, it is an excellent location, more so for video than photos as line speeds are very high, but you would get some nice shots with a decent camera.

The chance of meeting any 'unsavoury locals' (as my geography teacher calls them ;)) is also low as it is virtually out in the countryside. This also means that it can be a bit breezy and cold on a bad day as it is so exposed, so take a coat :p

alan barton

I will agree with Jordy on all of those points as I was there when we visited! Yes, it is an excellent location, more so for video than photos as line speeds are very high, but you would get some nice shots with a decent camera.

The chance of meeting any 'unsavoury locals' (as my geography teacher calls them ;)) is also low as it is virtually out in the countryside. This also means that it can be a bit breezy and cold on a bad day as it is so exposed, so take a coat :p

As Jordy and Max said, a pleasant country station with a nice little pub outside called 'The Hazle Pear' and another one up the village street called the 'Maypole' the station is situated on a hill on the South West side of the (river) Weaver valley, the station serves mostly the farming community and upmarket properties occupied by commuters from Liverpool & Manchester with the consequence that you should not have any problems with 'Yobbo;s'.
Good luck with your trip my friend.
Alan.

Status
Not open for further replies.