• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Acton Yard diveunder

Status
Not open for further replies.

coppercapped

Established Member
For the last two or three weeks it seems as if the diveunder taking the Great Western's Up Relief line under the entrance to Acton Yard has been out of use.

Does anyone know if this is the case and, if the answer is 'yes', what has happened?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JN114

Established Member
For the last two or three weeks it seems as if the diveunder taking the Great Western's Up Relief line under the entrance to Acton Yard has been out of use.

Does anyone know if this is the case and, if the answer is 'yes', what has happened?

Yes, it’s been out of use for a month or so now. During some recent engineering works one of the retaining walls was damaged by an RRV. Fixing it has been proving problematic and time consuming.

coppercapped

Established Member
Yes, it’s been out of use for a month or so now. During some recent engineering works one of the retaining walls was damaged by an RRV. Fixing it has been proving problematic and time consuming.
Oops! :oops:

Thank you. I thought that something wasn't quite right! I hope it's fixed before Crossrail opens... ! :)

JN114

Established Member
Oops! :oops:

Thank you. I thought that something wasn't quite right! I hope it's fixed before Crossrail opens... ! :)

I think it’s as much that it isn’t a critical piece of infrastructure. Had it been say -the retaining wall alongside the Up Relief at Friars Jn then there would have been emergency possessions and it would have been sorted in a matter of hours. The diveunder isn’t required for day-to-day service at present; it’s just a nice-to-have little line to deconflict Acton West Jn. As such they seem content to take their time (and thus save expense) and sort it when there is proper routine access. No concerns about it being sorted for Crossrail in 2 years time!

Status
Not open for further replies.