• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Adding Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordy

Established Member
Hi

Would it be possible, for someone like me (with no BVE coding knowledge) to add announcements to a route, to be played when the train has stopped at a station (IE This station is ________) ? And if so, how can I do it.

Thanks!

Jordy

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nitro

Well the 95TS uses horn 2 to say "The doors are now closing" or something like that as I forgot what it actually sais but I think the train has to have the "This station is ..." thing and not thre route. Hope this helps.

devon_metro

Established Member
Don't quote me on this but i beleive it is something to do with the beacons, take a look at the Nrothern Line route files and see what you can gather!

Edit: after looking at the codes in certain route it appears this is the code needed: .announce route example\v3\example.wav

Dennis

Established Member
Playing a sound on arrival is possible from the .sta command;
(in BVE 4)

.Sta Name;Time 1;Time 2;BLANK;Door;Stop;BLANK;Sound 1;Halt;Jam;Sound 2;timetable Index

Name: Station name

Time 1: Arrival time(HH.MMSS or P = pass)

Time 2: Departure time(HH.MMSS or T= terminates)

Pass Alarm: NOT used in BVE 4 *** LEAVE BLANK ***.

Door: Door opening -1: Left 1: Right or 0 if doors don not open

Signal at station: 1: shows Red 0: Shows Green

Safety System: NOT used in BVE 4 *** LEAVE BLANK ***.

Sound1: Arrival Sound (filename.wav)

Halt: minimum stop time in seconds

Jam: how full the train is (0-250)

Sound2: Departure sound (filename.wav)

Timetable index of timetable Index:Train.Timetable

or if an announcement is required before entering a station use the announce command.

Tom B

Established Member
Nitro said:
Well the 95TS uses horn 2 to say "The doors are now closing" or something like that as I forgot what it actually sais but I think the train has to have the "This station is ..." thing and not thre route. Hope this helps.

"This train is about to depart. Please mind the doors"

Derek Kaye

You can also play an announcement while moving

use .announce path,

where path is from bve\railway\sound

e.g.

2000,.announce barrow-carlisle\sprinter_pass.wav,

Jordy

Established Member
Dennis said:
Playing a sound on arrival is possible from the .sta command;
(in BVE 4)

<snip>

or if an announcement is required before entering a station use the announce command.

Thanks! Now I have 'installed' sounds to Maybank lol :lol: :lol:

Jordy

Nitro

Cockfosters said:
Nitro said:

:oops: :oops: And I call myself a LU fan :lol:

T

Tom

It's a bit like how you know if a train is refurbished by a number of facts, and that the 72TS is really a 67TS hybrid.

class 313

Established Member
This would be good for the MML route as i have a anoucment at st albans saying "The train on platform one is the 11:47 to haywards heath calling at....."

Tom B

Established Member
Nitro said:
Cockfosters said:
Nitro said:

:oops: :oops: And I call myself a LU fan :lol:

I do have the unfair advantage of having recorded the aforementioned sound ;).

The Snap

Established Member
Hi Jordy,
If you look on Damon's guide, find the station section,
.Sta x1;x2;x3;x4;x5;x6;x7;x8;x9;x10;x11, Places a station.
x1 = Station Name
x2 = Arrival time in HH.MMSS
x3 = Departure time in HH.MMSS
x4 = Pass alarm. 1 will alert the driver when he or she has passed a station he or she was supposed to stop at and 0 will disable the alert. Can be left blank.
x5 = Sets which side of the track the platform sits on. (-1 for left, 1 for right)
x6 = Sets a signal at the station. 0 will show green, 1 will show red until the train is near the stop marker or there is 23 seconds to departure.
x7 = Can be used to activate a safety system, or left blank. 0 will activate ATS, 1 will activate ATC.
x8 = Plays a sound when arriving at the station (after the doors open). Format: Directory\x.wav. Default directory is BVE\Railway\Sound.x9 = Minimum stop time in seconds. This will only come into play if the stop is longer than that specified by the arrival and departures or if the train is running late.
x10 = Determines how full the train will be upon departure from this station. Use 0 for empty and 250 for full. 0-100 is best because a more full train (150+) means the passengers are unhappy to begin with and thusly make a very hard job for the driver.
x11 = Sound to play before doors close to depart. Format same as above.

Right, if you find x8, it tells you how to do it. So, the station command would be .sta Example Station;;17.20;;1;0;;Example_Route\Example_Station_1.wav;15;5;,

Does this make sense? :D ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.