• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Adding Railcard to Oyster Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whistler40145

Established Member
I hope someone can answer this question for me?

Does anyone know which National Rail Stations can add Railcards to Oyster Cards?

Is the ticket office at Watford Junction or Elstree & Borehamwood able to deal with my request?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Drsatan

Established Member
I tried adding my 16-25 railcard to my PAYG Oyster at Clapham Junction ticket office and was told only a LUL ticket office can do it. In the end I rang the Oyster helpline and asked for it to be done over the phone, which worked.

Urban Gateline

Established Member
Wimbledon and Richmond should do it as their ticket offices interface directly with LUL, yes though normally only LUL station ticket offices will do it! Not sure if some Southern stations that do Oyster in their ticket offices will do it (East Croydon?)

island

Veteran Member
I tried adding my 16-25 railcard to my PAYG Oyster at Clapham Junction ticket office and was told only a LUL ticket office can do it. In the end I rang the Oyster helpline and asked for it to be done over the phone, which worked.

I didn't know it could be done over the phone. I'd be interested in how that works.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor

I didn't know it could be done over the phone. I'd be interested in how that works.

Me neither. In fact I don't see how that could work considering what they have to do. I wonder what they thought they'd done? Did they ask you to nominate a station to pick up an adjustment to your card?

Status
Not open for further replies.