• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Additional Cotswold Line services - 9.8.2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter C

Established Member
I've done a bit of looking into this and can't find anything - please point me in the right direction if I've missed something.

Looking at RealTime Trains for Charlbury next Monday (9.8.2021), there are four empty coaching stock workings, in the following order:
There are then four corresponding passenger workings from Moreton-in-Marsh back to Paddington. Normally trains terminating at Moreton-in-Marsh are Turbos but this doesn't look to be the case from the timing load on RTT (although I know this isn't always reliable for allocations).
There's a festival currently going on near Charlbury but that ends on Sunday (8.8.2021), so these trains can't be related to that. Could anyone shed some light on why these services are being run?

Thanks,

-Peter

EDIT: Looking again at the dates for the services, I've got them mixed up. These trains are running on Monday 9th (not Friday 13th as I put originally), so maybe they are for the Wilderness Festival in Charlbury?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Pokelet

I was on a PAD-WOS service on Wednesday and the clientele was somewhat bohemian.and there were many tents. It'll be for Wilderness.

Peter C

Established Member
I was on a PAD-WOS service on Wednesday and the clientele was somewhat bohemian.and there were many tents. It'll be for Wilderness.
There were also a lot of people on the Didcot - Moreton-in-Marsh service I was on on Thursday, and there's a queueing system set up at Charlbury, so I think these services must be for the Wilderness Festival having thought about it.

-Peter

Doctor Fegg

Established Member
Yes, GWR run extra shuttles for Wilderness. The festival continues to the small hours of the morning so most campers go home on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.