• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Additional service: Liverpool - London (6 May) & London - Liverpool (7 May)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Searle

Established Member
Hey guys, I'm new here, so sorry if this is in the wrong place!

As can be seen here, there is a special service due to run from Liverpool to London St. Pancras International and back, on the 5th and 6th of May. Looking on the Open Train Times, I've found that the one running south will go via the MML, but I'm unable to find the return train on there, whereas I've managed to find both on NRE.

Now I was gonna go see it pass St. Albans on the Sunday morning, but I'm a bit confused as to if it's gonna run back through, and when abouts it will do.

So does anyone have an information on that return journey on the 6th? Any information would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SprinterMan

Established Member
I can find this diagram on Timtables 2, but not on Timetables, Open Train Times or Trains.im. Am I being blind or is there a reason for this.

causton

Established Member
I can find this diagram on Timtables 2, but not on Timetables, Open Train Times or Trains.im. Am I being blind or is there a reason for this.

They all get 'refreshed' with new data at certain times and it just so happens Timetables 2 is the latest one to have been updated - that's what I'm guessing :)

Searle

Established Member
Oh, I don't know, I was just assuming that it'd be the Pretendolino. I'll try and get back to you if I see it! :P

Darandio

Established Member
Oh, I don't know, I was just assuming that it'd be the Pretendolino. I'll try and get back to you if I see it! :P

If you read the media release by Virgin, its actually had to work with EMT to get the extra train.

D1009

Established Member
The special from Liverpool is now officially an EMT operated service. I believe it being shown as operated by Virgin was an error. It looks as though the set is going to work a service train to Nottingham on arrival at St Pancras.

dvboy

Established Member
Is this a bit of a fudge of an existing mainline service combined with a Norwich-Liverpool service, or something completely extra?

Searle

Established Member
Think it's extra, yeah :P

and I say it's boring because HST's pass St Albans all the time, and I've never seen the Pretendolino in real life :(

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It's showing on WebTIS as a non-stop service, Advance tickets available for £28.
Think it's extra, yeah :P

and I say it's boring because HST's pass St Albans all the time, and I've never seen the Pretendolino in real life :(
I don't understand the fuss in seeing a Mk3 in the same livery as a Pendolino/Voyager, rather than the livery of EMT :s
Well it's a Diesel service by Virgin, so I suppose it'll be the Pretendolino?
I also don't understand how a diesel train can be claimed to be pretending to be a Pendolino? Surely it'd be pretending to be a Voyager, if anything! :p

Boothby97

Established Member
I also don't understand how a diesel train can be claimed to be pretending to be a Pendolino? Surely it'd be pretending to be a Voyager, if anything! :p

If you do a quick google search of Pretendolino, you will find that is what it is nicknamed, I think it may be nicknamed this because Virgin did when it was introduced.
I believe it is nicknamed 'Pretendolino because it was introduced to cover for pendolinos when in for repair, but it also is required because they lost 390033 in the Graygrigg accident.
Thanks, Sam

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
I had a feeling there was another thread on this topic, I got pictures of the ECS this morning which I posted in the general forum thread. I didn't get a very good shot of the actual working though as it was travelling at line speed through the station and someone raised their arm to wave at the driver.

Picture.jpg

VTPreston_Tez

Anyone got any photos of the displays that mention this service at Liverpool, Manchester, Leicester, and St Pancras?

causton

Established Member
What was the reason for the service?

West Coast Main Line was blocked today. Football match yesterday means loads of Liverpool fans left the game in London too late to get a train back to Liverpool last night, so they put an extra train on today as otherwise it would have been a nightmare getting back! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.