• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Adlington (Lancs) to Keighley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi guys & gals. This is my first post and i'm after some info. I'm going to the KWVR Diesel Gala on friday 5th june by train, this is the route and fare that i have found..........07:36 adlington -man pic
man pic-leeds
leeds-keighley
£28.20 return
Can it be done quicker and cheaper ?????

thanks in anticipation

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

clagmonster

Established Member
Would you be better off going Adlington-Man Vic-Hebden Bridge, and then using the connecting bus to Oxenhope? There is the free vintage bus at 09:10 from Hebden Bridge, or there is an hourly service operated by Keighley and District. As for fares, I would advice looking at splittis at the West Yorks/GM boundary stations.

ashworth

Established Member
This is not quicker but certainly much cheaper.

Adlington to Keighley via Burnley is only £19.60 return

Adlington dep 0753
Preston arrive 0814

Preston dep 0854
Bradford Interchange arr 1017

Walk from Bradford Interchange to Bradford Forster Square

Bradford Forster Square dep 1041
Keighley arr 1101

A departure from Adlington at 0650 would get you to Keighley for 1001

Trains back from Keighley via same route at approx 15 minutes past each hour until 1913
Preston trains leave Bradford Interchange at 12 minutes past each hour.
If you would rather change at Leeds instead of walking from one station to the other at Bradford I am sure that this is allowed.
Also the idea of getting a bus from Hebden Bridge could also be done via this route with an Adlington to Hebden Bridge return via Preston and Burnley being only £14.70.

scrapy

Established Member
There's a free bus every 10 min between the two Bradford stations.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I'd really consider the vintage bus from Hebden Bridge. It is free (donations welcomed). See http://kwvr.co.uk/events/diesel_gala.htm This allows you to spend the money saved on other things, and you can also spend the time saved on doing more trains at the gala!

The fare to Hebden Bridge is half that of Keighley, and I'd have thought it would take a lot less time too. I have heard the journey over to Oxenhope is scenic as well.

Last edited:

metrocammel

I'd really consider the vintage bus from Hebden Bridge. I think it's free (donations welcomed). Metrocammel on here may be able to advise.

The fare to Hebden Bridge is half that of Keighley, and I'd have thought it would take a lot less time too. I have heard the journey over to Oxenhope is scenic as well.

Hello!

I'm not 100% sure about the bus from Hebden Bridge. As far as I know, it is free, but you can give a donation.

My friend's ex LT / Chase Leyland National (LS68 - OJD868R) will be running a service from Bolton bus station to Ingrow, via Todmorden & Hebden Bridge on the Sunday only. As far as I'm aware, it will be leaving Bolton around 9am, and then returning after the last train from Ingrow. Again, it is a 'free' service, but donations towards the upkeep of the bus are welcome.

If you're coming from Adlington, if you do the Sunday rather than the Friday, it may be an idea to take advantage of this service, as it'll be far cheaper than any other alternative!

I can only make the gala on friday, but thanks for taking the trouble to look into these options.

Status
Not open for further replies.