• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advance fare query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Trapp

Hi,

I booked an advance ticket recently (LNER) and travelled yesterday (Thursday).

I travelled from Great Yarmouth (GYM) to Hull (HUL) via, Norwich (NRW), Peterborough (PBO), and Doncaster (DON).

So my questions.

I always understood that all advanced fares were only restricted to the reserved trains, in my case Norwich to Peterborough, and Peterborough to Doncaster, although the “ticket” says the usual about specified connections, it says it’s valid in such a train only.

Anyway, I arrived at Great Yarmouth station on time for the 11:17, spoke to the guard just in case and joined the train (another ride on the 37 ;) ) and arrived in good time for my next connection.

All went well until Doncaster.

1W48 was replatformed and arrived 12L, a two car 153 and by the time I got to it, especially with my case there wa just no way, I couldn’t psychically join the train.

So, I waited for the next service,

I joined 2R71 when it arrived, Pacer but I got a seat. 14L when we left and 26L arriving t Hull, due to a swing bridge opening near Goole.

Anyway sorry for the long message.

Was my ticket valid on the services I took?

Am I entitled any delay repay for the Doncaster to hull leg?

BTW Do EMT 158’s have first ? I didn’t bother to look. (My ticket was first).

Cheers.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Starmill

Veteran Member
Fares Advisor
Advance tickets are valid on reserved trains only, and if they say so on connecting services as required. This is a common situation, and connecting services such as those to Great Yarmouth are often not reservable, so your ticket was quite valid.

East Midlands Trains offer First Class accommodation on their London route only, so not on Norwich services.

You will be entitled to some Delay Repay, as it sounds like you arrived in Hull more than half an hour later than booked - although you didn't give us the times. I would apply by writing to [email protected] giving a brief account of what happened and highlighting how many minutes late you arrived in Hull.

Status
Not open for further replies.