• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advance fares when timetables change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lew202

I have an Advance ticket booked from Harpenden to Moreton (Mersey) for 16 August. It includes using the 9:07 Euston to Lime Street service. I booked it online a month ago (using SWR). However, I notice that Avanti now claim that their timetables are changing, and they have not yet confirmed the timetable for that week, and that tickets are not available to book for that week.

This has concerned me: What happens if, once the timetable IS confirmed, the train my ticket is booked for doesn't exist?

Does one just go at the times suggested and catch whatever the next train is?

Thank you in advance!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I have an Advance ticket booked from Harpenden to Moreton (Mersey) for 16 August. It includes using the 9:07 Euston to Lime Street service. I booked it online a month ago (using SWR). However, I notice that Avanti now claim that their timetables are changing, and they have not yet confirmed the timetable for that week, and that tickets are not available to book for that week.

This has concerned me: What happens if, once the timetable IS confirmed, the train my ticket is booked for doesn't exist?

Does one just go at the times suggested and catch whatever the next train is?

Thank you in advance!
You would turn up at your origin and travel on the next available train that complies with your ticket's route/TOC restrictions. And claim compensation if sufficiently delayed.

As it happens, the Liverpool service is not affected by Avanti's cuts so you don't have anything to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.