• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advance ticket, disruption and ec & connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeg

Established Member
Currently on an East coast train that was meant to go to Aberdeen but is now terminating at Edinburgh due to an engine fault. I have an ec & connections advance. A replacement bus is being provided as the official solution but would I be able to get the FSR service instead? Or wouldthis count as replacing the main company on the ticket and therefore be prohibited. The ticket is a Thirsk to Stonehaven advance first.

Sent from my BlackBerry PlayBook
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
In the end there were 2 too few spaces on the replacement buses, and although East Coast customer services said initially that FSR would not be honouring East Coast advances unless there was a connection onwards from Edinburgh, the two of us (me and a businessman going to Arbroath) had our tickets endorsed by East Coast allowing us to travel on 1A71 FSR Service. Annoyingly this got me into Stonehaven 58 minutes late, so no full refund for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.