• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advance ticket from Manchester Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnychips

Established Member
If I buy an advance ticket from MIA on TPE and my flight is late and I miss the train, I assume I will have to buy a completely new ticket. It's just that I've seen the guard let someone off in this situation and I wondered if that was his discretion or a special policy for journeys from the airport.

My flight arrives at 1715, and if it's on time there should be no problem in getting the 1755 to Donny; if it's late then I'll have to get the 1855.

If the answer is what I expect, and book the 1855, and my flight is on time, I assume I can't get a train to Piccadilly for a beer (and pay for the train) and start my advance ticket late.

Is there anywhere at or near MIA arriving T1 or near station where I can get a beer if I have to wait?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

David

Established Member
No. If your flight is late, get your ticket endorsed at the station and that will allow you to catch a later train to your destination (within 3 hours I think it is).

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
These posts from kwvr45, who writes with knowledge of this matter, may be helpful:
All TPE Advance fares to and from MIA are known as Airport Advance. There is a 3 hour relaxation on journeys FROM MIA provided that your plane has been delayed and your Advance ticket is endorsed at the ticket office prior to boarding the train. This requirement to endorse applies to ALL advance tickets, be they conventional or print at home. The station staff can verify that planes are late - on board staff cannot. If the next train is not within 3 hours, you will be allowed to travel on the next available service, whenever that may be.

When travelling FROM Manchester Airport TO (Doncaster*) then you must travel at the time stated on the ticket, unless your flight has been delayed and you miss your booked train, in which case you may travel up to 3 hours later, providing you get an authorisation slip from the ticket office prior to boarding. They will verify the flight arrival time and that sufficient time had been allowed in the first place etc. Contrary to popular opinion you MAY NOT return from the Airport earlier than the time on the ticket, unless the ticket has been Excessed in the correct manner prior to boarding.

(* This example was originally Dewsbury but applies equally to your destination, or any other)

johnnychips

Established Member
No. If your flight is late, get your ticket endorsed at the station and that will allow you to catch a later train to your destination (within 3 hours I think it is).

Thanks David and Yorkie. Good news!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.