• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advance Ticket Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprinterMan

Established Member
Hello,
I have booked an advance ticket from Bangor to Birmingham New Street on the 0540 train next week, but circumstances have changed and I will be arriving in Shrewsbury on a different train. Will my advance ticket still be valid between Shrewsbury and Birmingham New Street, as it is the train I have booked it for.
Adam :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
No. The Advance ticket is only valid on the booked train from origin to destination as the 0540 is a direct service to Birmingham. You can change the ticket before 0540 on the date named on the ticket for one that would be valid, however you will be charged an admin fee of £10 per ticket on top of any difference in fare.

sonic2009

Established Member
If you could provide more information of where you are travelling from, we could help you find possibly a new ticket, which may or may not be cheaper than changing your original advance + administration fee.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

SprinterMan

Established Member
Thanks for the info everyone, but plans have changed again and I will be on the train I was originally booked on from the start. Thanks everyone though, very good info.

Adam :D

dvboy

Established Member
If you'd booked it on londonmidland.com you'd be able to change the time/date of the train and avoid the admin fee, only paying any difference in the fare, and they post you out the Excess ticket.

tannedfrog

If you'd booked it on londonmidland.com you'd be able to change the time/date of the train and avoid the admin fee, only paying any difference in the fare, and they post you out the Excess ticket.

Not according to their FAQ

http://tickets.londonmidland.com/lm/en/faqs/ViewFaq?id=22

"If your ticket is a First or Standard Advance, you can change it online via My Account. Please note that this will incur a cost of £10 per ticket, plus any difference in fare."

Status
Not open for further replies.