Advance ticket refunds-Train Split (posting tickets together)

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by VT 390, 24 Mar 2020 at 16:41.

1. VT 390

VT 390 Established Member

Now that Advanced tickets can be refunded for journeys booked through train split I will be applying for a refund on a lot of tickets.
    As I have already collected all the tickets I will need to post them off to get a refund, even though they have been booked through separate bookings (all through train split) and will require multiple refund forms to be filled in but can all the tickets be sent together in the post?

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. Bletchleyite

Bletchleyite Veteran Member

Can't see any reason why not.

4. CrispyUK

CrispyUK Member

As Bletchleyite has said, I don’t see any reason why you couldn’t do this, but I would suggest you make it easy for them to process by attaching the relevant tickets to each refund form.

As you’ve said a lot of tickets, depending on the overall value consider whether you send them back via Special Delivery or some other suitably insured option.

5. VT 390

Thanks for the reply, I see what you mean about making it easy for them to identify each ticket.
    I will definitely be sending them via some sort of special delivery, which is why I would rather send them all together so I do not end up having to pay for lots of separate postage.

6. alistairlees

alistairlees Established Member

Ask trainsplit if they will accept images of the tickets cut in half? @vt390

7. VT 390

Good idea I will contact them and ask if this is possible.