• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advance tickets for 13th August VTWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuneatonmark

I am planning a weekend in London from Nuneaton out on 11/08, back on 13/08. Advance tickets are available for 11th August but not for 13th (a Sunday), could this be due to possible engineering works or have I just jumped the gun and they will be available shortly? Keen to get a good advance first price on the 0945 on the Friday, which is available now. Any help would be appreciated, as always.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Romilly

Established Member
Generally, Advances become available 12 weeks ahead. But VTWC and VTEC (amongst others) now make them available 24 weeks ahead for weekday travel, but weekend/bank holiday Advances are often released closer to 12 than 24 weeks ahead: Network Rail presumably finds it easier to agree that they won't be carrying out weekday works but are sometimes more likely to want to keep their options open for weekend works.

Gareth Marston

Established Member
Our enquiry file is full of request for APs with VTWC on weekends in August.

It becomes a right ball ache when folk want to travel out on weekday and back at the weekend. Do you risk buying the cheap tickets on the weekday now and then find out their engineering work when you want to come back or not?

janb

The latest estimate for the 13th August was the 15th May but as they have not opened yet that was clearly optimistic.

sharpinf

Hi I was looking to travel on VTWC on the same date so I asked Virgin on twitter on this - they said they'd be available from 22 May. Usually you have to take some of the twitter confirmations with a pinch of salt but I'll wait and see.

Looking at the Virgin 'hidden' Advance Ticket Advance calendar at https://www.virgintrains.co.uk/tickets/your-ticket/ways-to-save (under the + sign) I see no Sundays are available for booking from the 6th of August so don't know what if anything can be read from that in terms of engineering works.

gordonthemoron

Established Member
Hi I was looking to travel on VTWC on the same date so I asked Virgin on twitter on this - they said they'd be available from 22 May. Usually you have to take some of the twitter confirmations with a pinch of salt but I'll wait and see.

Looking at the Virgin 'hidden' Advance Ticket Advance calendar at https://www.virgintrains.co.uk/tickets/your-ticket/ways-to-save (under the + sign) I see no Sundays are available for booking from the 6th of August so don't know what if anything can be read from that in terms of engineering works.

That says there are no advances for 26th May when they are available

Status
Not open for further replies.