• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advance tickets from St Pancras to Sheffield on 2nd December

Status
Not open for further replies.

pedr

I can’t seem to find any advance tickets for St Pancras (or King’s Cross) to Sheffield on 2nd December except the odd Grand Central one. There are tickets to London on the Friday and have been for at least a week, but none going north. Does anyone know if they are yet to be released, or if there’s a way to see if they’ve all sold?

Many thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pedr

Thanks. I hadn’t realised that the tickets would be released at different times based on days of the week but I suppose it makes sense if plans for Sundays are set later than for other days.

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
Thanks. I hadn’t realised that the tickets would be released at different times based on days of the week but I suppose it makes sense if plans for Sundays are set later than for other days.
The Sunday timetable is often confirmed far later than the Monday-Friday or even the Saturday timetable; more engineering work is generally scheduled for Sundays, for which scheduled may need to be adjusted, and at the moment the rail industry is generally working to a 6 week timetable headway (rather than the usual 12 weeks).

pedr

Thanks for pointing that out! It has me looking at going Euston-New St-Sheffield which works out ok as I’ll be going back to Birmingham for Christmas.

John @ home

Established Member
It has me looking at going Euston-New St-Sheffield which works out ok as I’ll be going back to Birmingham for Christmas.
This route has attractive walk-on fares if you use London Northwestern Railway and CrossCountry only:

Status
Not open for further replies.