• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advanced ticket for TPE Planned Cancelled Train from Edinburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveB10780

Since the good folk of TPE have cancelled a few trains from Edinburgh to Liverpool after New Year, what is the position if you already have an advance ticket on one of them to Manchester? Mr Goodwin wrote some form of apology but unsurprisingly failed to cover what people should actually do.
I also notice that today a shed load of the trains that were left suffered cancellation today citing a lack of drivers. Does that imply they are taking a hit now and will actually run the remaining trains next year?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Unless acceptance has been announced you can either, at your option:

1. Have a full refund without admin fee;
2. Use the train before or the train after (that runs) by the same TOC(s) i.e. TPE and any relevant connections if it's an &connections ticket.

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member

2. Use the train before or the train after (that runs) by the same TOC(s) i.e. TPE and any relevant connections if it's an &connections ticket.
Or, as a third option, if there are no further journey opportunities that day which comply with your ticket restrictions, then every TOC that is reasonably able to assist is obliged to do so - i.e. if TPE won't arrange ticket acceptance, any TOC that runs a train which has space should accept your ticket.

Starmill

Veteran Member
Fares Advisor

While this is the correct position generally, on most days, all TransPennine Express services from Edinburgh via Newcastle are cancelled - or just one or two run.

People going to places like Liverpool, Manchester or Stalybridge may have an alternative TransPennine Express service which they could use, running via Carlisle, but many of those have been either cancelled or withdrawn as a result of engineering work.

I contected TransPennine Express on WhatsApp, and they advised me to travel on an LNER service and change trains at York.

Established Member
While this is the correct position generally, on most days, all TransPennine Express services from Edinburgh via Newcastle are cancelled - or just one or two run.

People going to places like Liverpool, Manchester or Stalybridge may have an alternative TransPennine Express service which they could use, running via Carlisle, but many of those have been either cancelled or withdrawn as a result of engineering work.

I contected TransPennine Express on WhatsApp, and they advised me to travel on an LNER service and change trains at York.
That's because LNER have ticket acceptance with TPE from 15th December to 5th January.

Status
Not open for further replies.