• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advances available on trainsplit but not Trainline

Status
Not open for further replies.

HST274

Hi I am travelling on 28th August to England from Scotland, and on trainline advance tickets are still unavailable. However on trainsplit they are- for example an advance from Glasgow Central to oxenholme Lake District is one of the tickets in the journey. However you can't buy just a Glasgow to oxenholme ticket on trainline. I was wondering why? Is it because of the restriction code VR is not showing up on trainline? (I will use trainsplit but was just curious)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Haywain

Veteran Member
It will be because Avanti bookings have not been opened for that date yet.

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
I believe they are though as trainsplit has opened sales- perhaps they are wrong?
I can't tell you why other sites won't allow it, but if RARS (the industry advance ticket database) says it can be sold, we'll sell it. Nationalrail agrees that these tickets are available as well.

Haywain

Veteran Member
I believe they are though as trainsplit has opened sales- perhaps they are wrong?

I can't tell you why other sites won't allow it, but if RARS (the industry advance ticket database) says it can be sold, we'll sell it. Nationalrail agrees that these tickets are available as well.
Trainsplit is offering TPE services only.

HST274

Must be a bug. For the journey I was looking at it says no tickets available again on both sites. But it definitely said avanti only before.

Actually TPE only is available. Is this likely to be more expensive than avanti?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.