• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Adverts and trails with unusual things to note

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Sounds horrific! Where have you seen this? (so I can avoid it or judiciously deploy a decent ad blocker :lol:)
I think the company advert was called "Play OJO".

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I am now beginning to wonder if some of these "charity" adverts with supposedly humanitarian principles are all that they seem to be, asking £X per month and they can achieve certain matters that seem implausible. One in particular seems to say that their charity aims to stop young girls from being married and having children at an age where in Britain, where the advert is aimed at, it will seem abhorrent.

I can see just the Taliban and Islamic State, adherents to their particular version of the Qu'ran, allowing such interference in areas under their control. It was only for attempting to raise the matter of schooling for girls that the Taliban tried to kill Malala Yousafzai.

Last edited:

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Another matter where TV adverts do not appear to have understood historical significance, is where a person from the 21st century with no understanding of the effects of vulcanism, asks a resident of an affected area who is fleeing for his life with other city dwellers "what year is this?" and is given an answer of 79AD. Is it not the case that the year calendar stating AD (Anno Dominae) could not possibly be in common usage at that period of time.

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Another matter where TV adverts do not appear to have understood historical significance, is where a person from the 21st century with no understanding of the effects of vulcanism, asks a resident of an affected area who is fleeing for his life with other city dwellers "what year is this?" and is given an answer of 79AD. Is it not the case that the year calendar stating AD (Anno Dominae) could not possibly be in common usage at that period of time?
It's the Alexa advert, which promotes the ability of the user to ask a device to search for information on historic events using their voice.

You're taking these far too seriously! :)

birchesgreen

Established Member
Another matter where TV adverts do not appear to have understood historical significance, is where a person from the 21st century with no understanding of the effects of vulcanism, asks a resident of an affected area who is fleeing for his life with other city dwellers "what year is this?" and is given an answer of 79AD. Is it not the case that the year calendar stating AD (Anno Dominae) could not possibly be in common usage at that period of time.
I dislike the advert too, but then again I got a masters in history so stuff like that can't help but annoy.

Ostrich

The Pelaton advert, where the motivational trainer - shouting motivational things at the punter from the security of an internet screen - appears to have six arms like a Hindu goddess. I assume she is standing in front of a reflective mirror.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
The Pelaton advert, where the motivational trainer - shouting motivational things at the punter from the security of an internet screen - appears to have six arms like a Hindu goddess. I assume she is standing in front of a reflective mirror.
That will be Santana Lakshmi, the goddess of bestowing offspring. Have Pelaton gone into the business of childbirth facilitation?

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
There were multiple trails for the Anne Boleyn programme, but did many people spot the deliberate mistake? The person shown in the trail seems to be nothing like the Anne Boleyn portrait in the National Portrait Gallery in one very definite manner.

Last edited:

SargeNpton

Established Member
There were multiple trails for the Anne Boleyn programme, but did many people spot the deliberate mistake? The person shown in the trail seems to be nothing like the Anne Boleyn portrait in the National Portrait Gallery in one very definite manner.
Well, yes, that was a significant story in much of the mainstream media for a couple of weeks. Even if you didn't see the trailer on TV or the adverts in the newspapers you would probably have been aware of the programme due to all the chatter.

Status
Not open for further replies.