• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advice On Getting The Tram Train To Rotherham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan1990

On Moderation
I've never ridden on this new tram route that goes to Rotherham from Sheffield yet. I would like to know if catching it from the tram stop at Valley Centertainment is the best option. It avoids the busy city centre and the route doesn't go from Meadowhall next to where the railway station is. I'll be going down in the car when I do this trip.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Harpers Tate

Established Member
It's as good a place as any. Or - you could drive to the Parkgate shopping centre in Rotherham, which is the "end of the line" and start there. There are some dedicated P&R spaces at both locations.

eastwestdivide

Established Member
Walking from Meadowhall Interchange (station) to Meadowhall South tram stop through the shops is maybe a 15-minute walk.
Alternatively, park in Meadowhall shopping centre car park (Debenhams side of the shopping centre) and walk over to the Meadowhall South tram stop.
Parkgate P&R is only 20 or so spaces, and I've seen it full in the middle of the day. However, the normal parking for shoppers at Parkgate is camera-controlled with a 5-hour limit, so you'd be OK there as a round trip into Sheffield and back is only an hour.

Djgr

Established Member
I've never ridden on this new tram route that goes to Rotherham from Sheffield yet. I would like to know if catching it from the tram stop at Valley Centertainment is the best option. It avoids the busy city centre and the route doesn't go from Meadowhall next to where the railway station is. I'll be going down in the car when I do this trip.
FWIW When I rode it I did exactly what you are proposing.

Djgr

Established Member
Status
Not open for further replies.