• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advice on Permitted Routes

Status
Not open for further replies.

cam1234

I get a weekly ticket between Portsmouth Stations and Havant which states Any permitted Route. At the weekends I stay in Fareham so can I use this ticket to get to and from Havant via Fareham and Havant to Fareham to Fratton and vice versa as Fareham is in the Portsmouth Group? Tried to work it our looking at the routing guide but still not sure. Thanks for help.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Not the answer I was hoping for but thanks.:D

I was wondering if the reason for your original question might have been that you thought the Portsmouth Routeing Group and the Portsmouth Stations fares group might be the same, but of course it's never that straightforward is it...

cam1234

Yep I did, as the ticket covers all stations in Ports and got confused over the routing groups and thought it was all the same thing. DOH! Glad there are knowledgeable people on this forum to put me straight.

kieron

Established Member
Just in case you're not sure, you'd need another ticket between Cosham and Fareham. You could catch a train which doesn't stop at Cosham as you have a season ticket.

cam1234

Just in case you're not sure, you'd need another ticket between Cosham and Fareham. You could catch a train which doesn't stop at Cosham as you have a season ticket.

Thx for that piece of info. Just getting a ticket between FHM and COS will save me a little bit on the fare, then use my season ticket for the rest of the journey. Hadn't thought of that option. Great advice :D

Status
Not open for further replies.