• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advice on tweeting RailUK Forums for the first time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not want, to incur the wrath of the more intemperate, intolerant members of this forum, for getting it wrong? When you tweet RailUK Forums for the first time, do you have to know which forum your tweet goes in? Do the mods do this? Before people start "rolling eyes", I have searched for this question first, before posting this thread. Lots of references to Twitter; but it didn't seem, to answer the query. Thanks, to anyone who cares to answer this constructively.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
My impression is that the tweets are from the forum, out to Twitter rather than questions being asked by tweeting them at the forum so to speak. Not entirely sure though, I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be along before too long.

Lrd

Established Member
You can't tweet @RailUKForums to post a thread. All that the twitter feed does is post links to new threads created on here.

Laryk

Almost certain you can't start a thread simply by tweeting @railukforums.
Like IanXC said, I think it's just a bot that tweets new threads.

Edit: Having said that, there does seem to be a real person on there somewhere

Last edited:

Lrd

Established Member
Almost certain you can't start a thread simply by tweeting @railukforums.
Like IanXC said, I think it's just a bot that tweets new threads.

Edit: Having said that, there does seem to be a real person on there somewhere
Yeah, its Mojo. (I think)

Status
Not open for further replies.