• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advice regarding conductor role

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozz94

Hi guys
I wonder if anyone who has experience of Northern applications would give me some advice?
I've just seen the Conductor role advertised with vacancies for various dates in 2020. Now I've been rejected twice before so I'm aware the process is rather slow, however in my current role I could only hand my notice in (if successful) from April (issues regarding my bonus). Would you still apply?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JLyons

I would definitely apply, even if successful you don’t have to take the job for one, but wouldn’t be getting a job as a guard out weigh a one off bonus in any case?

Fozz94

I would definitely apply, even if successful you don’t have to take the job for one, but wouldn’t be getting a job as a guard out weigh a one off bonus in any case?

I was thinking of going for it anyway. I can always explain my situation. It's more to do with the fact I'd have to pay back 2k as I've already had the bonus!

JLyons

Oh ok, I don’t know the ins and outs but wouldn’t of though they can make you give it back instantly? Isn’t a bonus paid for services rendered rather than in advance? I would go for it, a career for life and you’d soon make the £2k back working some rest days!

Fozz94

Oh ok, I don’t know the ins and outs but wouldn’t of though they can make you give it back instantly? Isn’t a bonus paid for services rendered rather than in advance? I would go for it, a career for life and you’d soon make the £2k back working some rest days!

It's because it was really a bonus due in April but they paid us it early on the understanding we pay it back if we leave before the end of the financial year. I think I will go for it! I can't see having anything to lose

JLyons

I would if I was you, then make the decision if you get offered the job which is like a lottery win in itself

DJD

I would apply I am in a talent pool for a conductor position with northern and I got told that the earliest date I could potentially start would be spring. It’s highly likely if you were successful you won’t be starting before then.

C001

It's because it was really a bonus due in April but they paid us it early on the understanding we pay it back if we leave before the end of the financial year. I think I will go for it! I can't see having anything to lose

Don’t know your situation but maybe a low interest loan and pay it back way over 2 years ... and maybe even get a 0 percent interest credit card balance transfer to clear that loan early .. I’d take it no matter what tbh chances don’t come along all that often !

Status
Not open for further replies.