• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advice required about "Request Stop" stations on the West Highland Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Zod

I'm going to be using Falls of Cruachan (FOC) station during the summer months and was wondering if anyone knew whether the evening train from Glasgow will be stopping there ? I'm going to be trekking in the vicinity and will need to get back to Oban on the 1821 weekday departure from Glasgow Queen St. However, the said train does not arrive at FOC until 20.51 and I need confirming that it will stop here on request. I seemed to have read somewhere that the station has no lighting facilities so when it is dark no trains will stop. As it will be during the summer months will the train will be stopping there on request ?
What is the standard procedure for stopping the train at your station ? :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
What is the standard procedure for stopping the train at your station ? :D

Stand near to the edge of the platform and give a hang signal, and make sure the driver can see you (but of course don't stand too close to the edge that you are likely to fall off or get hit).

Status
Not open for further replies.