• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advice required - sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
In a lot of my photos the sky is often over exposed and just appears as white. Is there a way I can get the sky to look better?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

H

HR2

matt said:
In a lot of my photos the sky is often over exposed and just appears as white. Is there a way I can get the sky to look better?

Thanks

Oooh. Now you have left yourself open to lots of witty answers with that. :toothy5:

Dennis

Established Member
Sounds obvious, but ensure the sun is behind you when you shoot; not always possible I know, but a little planning for sun position when thinking about trips out can help on this (sites like Trainspots can be quite useful in suggesting the best times to shoot at certain locations).

Depending on what camera you have got, you could also automatically bracket exposures to try and eliminate overexposure of the sky. Moderate underexposure of darker parts of the the subject can easily be corrected in an image editor (unless you encounter noise problems).

You could also try using a polarising filter, this will help enhance the constrast in blue skies as well as eliminating unwanted reflections - this is the next purchase I will be making now I've learnt to drive my new camera!

Status
Not open for further replies.