• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

After the Medical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys

How long did you have to wait for the medical results? Recruitment told me 10 days but it's been 10 days and still nothing. I don't want to chase them and be that person who nags :)

I'm just DESPERATE to start and get away from my current job. I was desperately hoping I could get on the 13th June Signaller School in take but that's for sure not going to happen.

Anyone with any ideas when the next intake will be??

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

srich82

If they said 10 days and it's been 10 days it's completely appropriate to call them. Nothing wrong asking for an update.

I would call them, they wouldn't see at as a nuisance (unless you'd called them every day already ha)

I was thinking maybe I should wait until it's 10 working days? In terms of working days it's been 6. You wouldn't think a completely clean bill of healthy would take so long hehe.

srich82

It could be, I still think there's nothing wrong with calling for a quick update. Just call up and say you just want to check if the 10 days are calendar days or working days. Honestly mate it's no biggie.

Remember that they'll have loads of people doing medicals all year round, you're just another name on a long list.

I've sent them an email :)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I got a reply a couple of hours after - I start 13th :) very excited x

Si_leeds

Did the nurse not say "I'm passing you fit" before you left? Mine did :/ and I knew I hadn't touched any drugs so in my eyes that was a pass

Yeah she did, but wanted a start date before I just handed my notice in. Wish I hadn't bothered waiting :) so glad I'm out of my old job. Nice 2.5 week break now before York

sciisfun

well done XD for what it's worth, mine was offered to me the same evening (medical+sample by 8AM) and received a phone call about 7PM, which I found quite shocking! (a GWR position)

Status
Not open for further replies.