• Dear Guest, and welcome to RailUK Forums. Our non-railway discussion forums are currently restricted until members have five or more posts, and you will not be able to make a new thread or reply to an existing one in this section until you have made five or more posts elsewhere on the forum.

Ahhhhhhh Bingbox!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonb

Established Member
ARGH! So annoyed just accepeted one of my friends and signed up to this Bingbox 'Friends service' and wanted to add a couple of my close mates, I clicked add and apparently it invited my whole contact list!!!! So aplogies if you got an invite i've promptly deleted that account now!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

As a general rule, never sign up to any of these things.

They're simply spamtraps.

jonb

Established Member
Coxster said:
I received one from you. What is it exactly?

I dunno but one of my best mates invited me so I joined. Soz mate, account is gone now anyways.

T

Tom

Bingbox is basically like MSN Spaces (and that is spamfree!!), Bebo, Tickle ... and all the other things.

Tom B

Established Member
Can be very useful actually for finding things out... hence you can have accounts with them, not really use them, but gather a great deal...

Simming

Established Member
Myspace is the only decent one out there, and thats saying something, cause myspace is ****!

That will look for peoples accounts that regestered with emails on your contact list, although it dont make you sign up.

OT: Is it true that myspace have been bought by MSN?

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
I only use bebo but don't really bother with that much.... I just can't be arsed.... particulalrly with all the spam disguised as something that looks like a genuine message..... Subj: Hia!.... read it to find you're allegedly jinxed if you don't send to 20 people within 30mins...... yeah!

David

Established Member
Are you sure you account has been deleted? I've just recieved (and binned) another invite....

jonb

Established Member
Well I've deleted my account??????

EDIT: I've just checked all of my Yahoo groups and the only group it came up on was Anglia Gen.

jonb

Established Member
Well have unsubscribed from Yahoo and sent Bingbox and email to tell them to sort it out so what else can I do???

jonb

Established Member
Right lads well i'm again very sorry for all this, I have emailed Bingbox twice this morning now hoping they'll sort it out. Im off out now in a **** mood on my day off

jonb

Established Member
Thanks everyone - Should be sorted now if anyone gets anymore please tell me asap.

Cheers.

Guinness

Established Member
TicketMan said:
Really? I been blaming bus drivers but Nick is an acceptable scapegoat... :toothy7:

Which Nick?

I do love scapegoats like FAF......

Status
Not open for further replies.