• Dear Guest, and welcome to RailUK Forums. Our non-railway discussion forums are currently restricted until members have five or more posts, and you will not be able to make a new thread or reply to an existing one in this section until you have made five or more posts elsewhere on the forum.

Ain't that good news

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HR2

I'm into hospital today for a minor op under my favourite medical team. Dr Sawyer-Legoff and Nurse Gentle. So that's one old pest you'll be free of for a couple of days!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tom B

Established Member
Hope the op goes well Bob, get better soon :).

H

HR2

Well Gent's it did indeed go well. Walked down to theatre at about 10 to 4. [yes you have to walk now if you are able, cut down on porters they have] Once in pre-op you are given a final check over and chat with the staff about what you don't see once you are asleep.

It seems it is a 'theatre' in more ways than one. They play the radio and chat and joke between themselves and the younger female theatre staff have a little game they indulge in too. If a young man who they fancy is brought down for an op, once he is asleep they have a small bet as to the size of his wedding tackle for a laugh. Once all the bets are placed they lift the gown and have a peek!! :knob: The laugh has been on them at times though as what they found exceeded all expectations. So lads be warned.

One thing I always regret is the bloody 'little joke' they start to tell you as they knock you out. Why? Because you never hear the bloody punchline! I have heard the start of 'The elephant and the ballerina' plus the 'Choirboy and a dildo' and also 'The fireman and his hose' but I STILL don't know the ends. One day I'll find out.

Home now safe and sound but will have a sore throat for a few days. Also barred from eating meats for six monthns too. Gotta get the weight off.

Ben

HR2 said:
One thing I always regret is the bloody 'little joke' they start to tell you as they knock you out. Why? Because you never hear the bloody punchline! I have heard the start of 'The elephant and the ballerina' plus the 'Choirboy and a dildo' and also 'The fireman and his hose' but I STILL don't know the ends. One day I'll find out.

In my Life ive had 25 ops and thats happened 25 Times! Grrr!

Status
Not open for further replies.