• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ain't that good news

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HR2

I'm into hospital today for a minor op under my favourite medical team. Dr Sawyer-Legoff and Nurse Gentle. So that's one old pest you'll be free of for a couple of days!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tom B

Established Member
Hope the op goes well Bob, get better soon :).

H

HR2

Well Gent's it did indeed go well. Walked down to theatre at about 10 to 4. [yes you have to walk now if you are able, cut down on porters they have] Once in pre-op you are given a final check over and chat with the staff about what you don't see once you are asleep.

It seems it is a 'theatre' in more ways than one. They play the radio and chat and joke between themselves and the younger female theatre staff have a little game they indulge in too. If a young man who they fancy is brought down for an op, once he is asleep they have a small bet as to the size of his wedding tackle for a laugh. Once all the bets are placed they lift the gown and have a peek!! :knob: The laugh has been on them at times though as what they found exceeded all expectations. So lads be warned.

One thing I always regret is the bloody 'little joke' they start to tell you as they knock you out. Why? Because you never hear the bloody punchline! I have heard the start of 'The elephant and the ballerina' plus the 'Choirboy and a dildo' and also 'The fireman and his hose' but I STILL don't know the ends. One day I'll find out.

Home now safe and sound but will have a sore throat for a few days. Also barred from eating meats for six monthns too. Gotta get the weight off.

Ben

HR2 said:
One thing I always regret is the bloody 'little joke' they start to tell you as they knock you out. Why? Because you never hear the bloody punchline! I have heard the start of 'The elephant and the ballerina' plus the 'Choirboy and a dildo' and also 'The fireman and his hose' but I STILL don't know the ends. One day I'll find out.

In my Life ive had 25 ops and thats happened 25 Times! Grrr!

Status
Not open for further replies.