• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Aldershot to Waterloo + Travel Card Zones 1-6 off peak

Status
Not open for further replies.

hantsman1205

I actually made this journey using the above yesterday, it was a super off peak day return,
A few questions if I may, (not used travel cards before)

1 What's the cost of the above travel card with no discounts?
2 Is this the only travelcard available now, ie zones 1-6?
3 when you combine the Aldershot journey with the TC do you get a discount?
4 Do you get another discount using a network rail card?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
The Super Off-Peak Day Travelcard from Aldershot is £23.40, £15.45 with Network Railcard.

For off-peak paper day tickets, Travelcards are only available in the Zones 1-6 version, inboundary or outboundary.

sonic2009

Established Member
Prices without Network RCD discount

Aldershot to London Zone 1-6 STD Anytime TCD is £36.90
Aldershot to London Zone 1-6 STD Off-Peak TCD is £28.60
Aldershot to London Zone 1-6 STD Super Off-Peak TCD is £23.40

In general yes outboundary travelcards only produce Z1-6, I'm happy to be corrected though, you would not get a discount as such, but it would be cheaper than buying a Aldershot - London Terminals return and then a travelcard when you reach London.

Super Off-Peak Day TCD Aldershot - London Zone 1-6 £23.40
Super Off-Peak Day Return Aldershot - London Terminals £17.80

As you can see it's only £5.60 extra on super off peak journeys to allow unlimited journeys in London Z1-6 which is good value for money I think, and yes you can get Network Railcard 1/3 discount obviously subject to the restrictions of the railcard, so this would rule out using the discount before 10am in the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.