• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Aldwych Branch for BVE4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Some of you may know that I was coding the Aldwych branch for BVE4.

I am proud to say that the Aldwych Branch is now finished and will be released soon.

In the meantime, here are some screenshots for you to enjoy.

http://kelvinliu.fotopic.net/c1275583.html

Have fun! ;D

(Note: The platform bridge at Aldwych is missing on the screenshots, but exists on the actualy route)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mbonwick

Established Member
WOW! Looking very impressive! Not really a big tube fan myself, but looking foreward to the release nonetheless! :thumbup:

Keep up the good work!

The Snap

Established Member
We should have the route available in the next few days - all depending on my internet access (or lack of it...) ;)

Coxster

Established Member
Downloading now. Just noticed on the route page "The table below has the links to the files you will require for the Ongar route".

tubenutter

Thanks for this route, it's great, and I love the feature to drive back to Holborn. Just one minor thing -- I always get 'please go back to correct the stop position' at both ends, and no matter how far i go (even back into the tunnel) it doesnt go away. Where do I need to stop?

Thanks for this route, it's great, and I love the feature to drive back to Holborn. Just one minor thing -- I always get 'please go back to correct the stop position' at both ends, and no matter how far i go (even back into the tunnel) it doesnt go away. Where do I need to stop?

Ah, thats the phantom stations to control the approach controlled signals.

The stop position for Aldwych is just before the buffers and the stop position for Holborn is right at the end where the stop marker is).

Simon_G

Looks good and drives well apart from the niggle mentioned by tube nutter. I doubt there's anything you can do about that with such a short platform and still have the approach controlled signals do their stuff properly. One thing I noticed with the 'foggy' route was that the signal glows didn't seem to be showing through and I preferred the fog free one.

Your dark tunnel textures look great and the detail in the tubes is impressive. I loved the smooth transition in rail surface brightness at Holborn, too - a nice touch.

The Snap

Established Member
I haven't ran thye route yet, but will do later today. I'll sort the error on the page Damon ASAP. :)

Hope you enjoy the route. Took a lot of p*ssing around getting it online - from one PC to another :lol:!

LondonBVE

Great route, quite a few changes since the last Beta test. Signals and new graffiti. Well regarding about the crashing over the wall, quite a nice sound effect and if you continue at 359 KPH after crashing the wall, you can hear some funny sounds.

The Snap

Established Member
Just so people know, BRT forum is closed at the moment. I'm conducting some changes to it, and therefore only staff can login. You will be able to access it tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience.

Hi everybody,

Thanks for the comments... I'm glad that you enjoyed it!

Short but sweet I love the changeing ends! May I ask what command did you use for the fog as I could try and intregate it into some other LU Rotes for bve4!

I used the standard fog command (.fog x;y;z,) for the tunnel. If you look inside the route file, you will find a chunk of .fog commands.

Looks good and drives well apart from the niggle mentioned by tube nutter. I doubt there's anything you can do about that with such a short platform and still have the approach controlled signals do their stuff properly. One thing I noticed with the 'foggy' route was that the signal glows didn't seem to be showing through and I preferred the fog free one.

I dont think I can do anything about the phantom stations as its very close to the actual station stop.

Yes Simon, you are right about signals not glowing in the foggy route (BVE limitations?), therefore I have thrown in a non-fog version for people who perfers a clear view of signals.

Established Member
kevin or rich could you helpm me?? Mine didn't switch back at Aldwych:? which Im disappointed about could you help at all please?:sign6: :cry:

Bizarre

kevin or rich could you helpm me?? Mine didn't switch back at Aldwych:? which Im disappointed about could you help at all please?:sign6: :cry:

Think it uses the Jump to Station feature in BVE.

Tom is correct Fred. On reaching Aldwych, perform a right mouse click, select Jump to Station, and then Change Ends. You also need to follow the instructions on the timetable about resetting the tripcock, etc.

Enjoy!

:glasses5:

Established Member
Tom is correct Fred. On reaching Aldwych, perform a right mouse click, select Jump to Station, and then Change Ends. You also need to follow the instructions on the timetable about resetting the tripcock, etc.

Enjoy!

:glasses5:

ta for the info Bizarre I will try it again:D

Jim

Established Member
So neither of you have ever made a mistake nor overlooked something?

Not when playing BVE no, not made the simple mistake of asking a question which is answered by the timetable!

Bill EWS

Ok Guys, let's 'Change Ends' and move on. This is a great little route and you can see the amount of work put into it. Another very welcome addition to BVE. Thanks to Richard and everyone involved.

I hadn't known of this short branch and having used the Hammersmith and City line numerous times over the last couple of yars and found the Aldwych corner of the Underground very interesting tfrom both the railway and street levels this has added greatly to my knowledge of that corner.

I know it means a massive amount of work but it would be great to have more 'two-way' runs on a BVE route.

Cheers.

BillEWS

Coxster

Established Member
I know it means a massive amount of work but it would be great to have more 'two-way' runs on a BVE route.
I do believe one/some will be included with the upcoming release of Network West Midlands for the Blackbrook branch.

Status
Not open for further replies.