• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Aldwych Branch for BVE4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bill EWS

Thanks for the explanation Richard. I'm pleased to direct my thanks for the Aldwych branch onto Kelvin.

Interesting to hear that there may be a two-way route for NWM and look forward to that. Of course, I was thinking of a route such as Edinburgh-Aberdeen, which I am sure would be a massive job to complete. But it would be nice to work southwards too.

Cheers.

BillEWS.

pedned

Thanks for the explanation Richard. I'm pleased to direct my thanks for the Aldwych branch onto Kelvin.

Interesting to hear that there may be a two-way route for NWM and look forward to that. Of course, I was thinking of a route such as Edinburgh-Aberdeen, which I am sure would be a massive job to complete. But it would be nice to work southwards too.

Cheers.

BillEWS.

It takes long enough to go one way.
Like 3 hours as it is.

I cant see me staying on the comp for 6 hours without getting interrupted.

Coxster

Established Member
Real Life drivers do a 3 hour go have a break 3 hour go have lunch 3 hour go then go home!
If they were doing end-to-end runs without being relieved somewhere on route, that'd take them over their allowed hours wouldn't it, not to mention being three hours from their home depot!

T

Tom

Depends on the terms, for SWT you'd be over hours very, very easily (minimum 1h10 over).

westcoaster

Established Member
Real Life drivers do a 3 hour go have a break 3 hour go have lunch 3 hour go then go home!

dont think so mate, if you did as stated above that would be twelve hours driving, an hours lunch and a 30 min pnb, dont think any toc do 13 hr shifts, :tongue2:

T

Tom

Unions.

Max 9h30 job on most TOCs, think it's 9h on SWT.

Besides, train driver is a harder job, you're in total control of about 500 peoples lives... police officers may be only momentarily.

westcoaster

Established Member
max turn at silverlink is 10 hrs for guars and drivers, central do 10hr+ but are on a 4 day week, ploice do have a hard job agreed no-one is douting that but being a driver means lots of concentration, and is hard work plus you get yobs , chav's, nutters (normally chucking stuff from bridges), commuters( worse than chav's) and the suicidal all in a days work.

Harold

Just had a drive on the route, very impressive, also had a look at some of the historical pages of the branch on the net, very interesting.

Congrats to all involved :)

Status
Not open for further replies.