• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Aldwych Branch in progress (BVE 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Met Driver

Established Member
The Aldwych branch platform at Holborn is on the LEFT as you approach it from Aldwych, making your representation of the route rather inaccurate (that's assuming the train in the screenshot is approaching Holborn FROM Aldwych).

A little more research needed, perhaps?

devon_metro

Established Member
Looks identical to old old version IMO. Apart from the new tunnels.

Seth is indeed correct on the Holborn Platform issue. Use this website for reference, with some very useful diagrams and plenty of photos. Also try googling "Aldwych Tour" as there are a few floating around on the net.
http://underground-history.co.uk/front.php

I'll also note how incredibly busy the olborn platfrom is. The branch only ever had a few people using it, even during rush hour! The busiest being the last ever public train service!

LondonBVE

As i told you, it is still under construction. The Holborn Platform will be work on.

LondonBVE

Harold said:
Is the 1973 stock being re-worked on at some point?

Harold what do you mean by that?

Do you mean is there a Modified version of the Aldwych Branch?

LondonBVE

Tubechallenger said:
He's asking if there will be a new 1973TS...

Answer is simply no, as I do not know how to make a train. Well if you want the current 1973 Tube Stock get it from the Piccadilly Line. Helping Tom Beevers to advertise his Piccadilly Line. I can't host the 1973 Tube Stock.

The Snap

Established Member
LondonBVE, I don't think the guys were asking YOU if you were updating the train, I think they were asking Tom if anyone...:roll:

LondonBVE

Yeah I agree, new version of 1973 Tube Stock. Hmm.. the current one is already very good, but if there is a new version i hope to have a button that can post announcement which is impossible.

Tom B

Established Member
*crawls out of cage*

Hmm. I've tweaked with the 73ts a bit to fix the wipers (using the 72ts as inspriation to get a properly rotating wiper) and a couple of other bits. The auto announcer facility is almost ready, just awaiting sounds.

LondonBVE

Stoopid said:
Is it just 1 standard announcement?

It may be possible.

Stoopid said:
Or you have many annoucements you can choose? :o

Well if it is up to 10 announcement (press the button) it is possible by pressing the numbers from 1 to 0, but if it is more than 10 i wonder how to announce.

Anyway when you says announcement do you mean those announcement announce on its own or it is a klaxon?

Dave A

LondonBVE said:
It may be possible.

Well if it is up to 10 announcement (press the button) it is possible by pressing the numbers from 1 to 0, but if it is more than 10 i wonder how to announce.

Anyway when you says announcement do you mean those announcement announce on its own or it is a klaxon?

I think he was asking Cockfosters, not you. :p :confused: ;) :D :rolleyes:

Tom B

Established Member
Stooopid said:
Is it just 1 standard announcement?
Or you have many annoucements you can choose? :o

Several :).

It's worked by running a small application in the background which captures keypresses on the keyboard and plays the relevent sound.

Jordy

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
Several :).

It's worked by running a small application in the background which captures keypresses on the keyboard and plays the relevent sound.

Is this 'Small Application' available for us? Sounds very interesting!

Jordy

Tom B

Established Member
Coxster said:
It is still WIP.

That indeed is the case. I have completed the program but am awaiting proper sounds rather than the current TTS engine placeholders.
--- edited ---
In a rather "Eureka" moment, I've also managed to fix the problem with green repeaters then red signals. Down to the .section command if anyone's interested.

Tom B

Established Member
Three years ago, yes it was on BRJ. If someone sends me the files, I've said this at least five times, I will put them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.