• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

All Around Lincolnshire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tomnick

Established Member
What was going on at Lincoln with that light '66' - from the caption, presumably the 'bins' were diverted for some reason...still seems like a very bizarre move! Certainly more rare than a freight (or even passenger) train on the Up Slow at Barnetby ;) .

Edit: Good photos by the way :) .

joy54.gen

Tomnick said:
What was going on at Lincoln with that light '66' - from the caption, presumably the 'bins' were diverted for some reason...still seems like a very bizarre move! Certainly more rare than a freight (or even passenger) train on the Up Slow at Barnetby ;) .

Edit: Good photos by the way :) .

Yeah was on the bins, but it had been emptied before it arrived at Lincoln, we over took it on the 153 from Newark, it was in a siding before Lincoln then the 66 brought it into to the through line, detached ran around then took it back out.

Tomnick

Established Member
Seems like a very unusual move - so it ran round in the station then headed off back towards Newark/Gainsborough (don't suppose you know which one?)...if so, really wish I'd been there to see it :) .

joy54.gen

Which one? The 66 was 66086, but I didn't get any wagon numbers or anything.

Tomnick

Established Member
joy54.gen said:
Which one? The 66 was 66086, but I didn't get any wagon numbers or anything.
Which route it took from Lincoln - assuming it headed west. Doubt you'd have been able to find that out even if you wanted to though, certainly not by observation from the station (unless you happened to notice that West Holmes' Down Main Distant was 'off' - then it was going towards the Gainsborough line ;) ). Doesn't really matter anyway - I'm just puzzled!

Status
Not open for further replies.