• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

All Change at Torquay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

devon_metro

Established Member
Wessex trains are no more. Went to Torquay today to catch the last glimpses of the Wessex Livery...
After missing the 'Devonian' earlier this made up for it!

> > http://paigntonrailwaycentre.50webs.com/010406.htm < <
Included the blue brick (LOL) also 43161 with a broken headlight running 32 late. and more...

Please enjoy!
Comments appreciated :)
--- edited ---
Could anybody give me an explanation as to why 43161 was running with one headlight smashed. Is this safe?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
As long as the bulb itself isn't smashed then I'm guessing it would be permitted to run to the next place that the cover could be fixed at, particuarly if it was on the rear.

Dennis

Established Member
Good shots there - I was going to head down to Exeter for a ride on the FSR unit this afternoon back to BTM but thought better of it - £24 to ride on a 158, I'm not completely potty!!!:pottytra: Plenty of opportunity experience First branded 158's around here soon.

I was quite surprised not to spot any flying F's stuck on the side of units today; anyone else seen any (on Wessex units not TT or FSR!!)?

devon_metro

Established Member
Coxster said:
As long as the bulb itself isn't smashed then I'm guessing it would be permitted to run to the next place that the cover could be fixed at, particuarly if it was on the rear.
The red tail lights were working although the front headlight bulb was not, as can be seen in this shot: http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f169/paigntonrailway/tqy11.jpg

Dennis: thanks frothe commenth and i don't believe there were any fs on units yesterday apart from the Scot rail 158 as you mentioned.
I wonder when First will be getting rid of this livery...?

TBH i'm surprised First put 153355 into service as it the unit advertised as 'The Heart of Wessex! Wow just realised i saw a Wessex liveried unit yesterday! Also Paignton seems to have run out of tape...

Status
Not open for further replies.