• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

All I can.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ChrisM

Bloody idiot,shame he didn't lose an arm or a leg,might make him and any of his mates or others for that matter thinking twice next time.

Met Driver

Established Member
voyagerdude220 said:
me to! Then he definately would have got killed by the oncoming train if it was going at high speed

The presence of a juice rail wouldn't make any difference if you were hit by a train. You'd end up in bits regardless of the type of traction supply!!

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Seth said:
The presence of a juice rail wouldn't make any difference if you were hit by a train. You'd end up in bits regardless of the type of traction supply!!

I was assuming he would get shocked and then he wouldn't be abe to move off the rail, after being fryed.

Guinness

Established Member
He really is a complete prick. However if he did hit an oncoming train, it would likely kill him and serve him right, although I don't think any driver would want to be driving that train....

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Chaz said:
He really is a complete prick. However if he did hit an oncoming train, it would likely kill him and serve him right, although I don't think any driver would want to be driving that train....

That's very true, i hate it when i hear about One unders. :( The poor drivers who are just driving a train in the path of some *insert insulting words & swearing here*..

Met Driver

Established Member
ikar said:
Do drivers continue to work after these events?

It varies. Some drivers are almost unaffected by such events and return to work pretty quickly, whereas others may need many months off work before getting back in the chair. Some leave the profession altogether.

Tom B

Established Member
As Seth said it depends on the driver. Of course all are taken off duty immediately and offered counselling.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
ikar said:
Do drivers continue to work after these events?

In Croatia we have a driver who had 6 one-unders and he's still in the seat.

Well I know for a fact that I would try to get back to work as normal If I was a train driver.

Sturdjos

voyagerdude220 said:
Well I know for a fact that I would try to get back to work as normal If I was a train driver.

You say that, I say that, but if it actually happened, your thinking could be along very different lines.

devon_metro

Established Member
These people are not only stupid; they are inconsiderate not taking into account what effect this might have on the driver of the train.:mad:

I think LU 4th Rail sounds better than 3rd rail :p

That would teach the tw@t! :lol:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Indeed. I know I'd want to get back to things reasonably soon, not too long after it, but long enough to get the shock out of the system. Of course, that's what I'd want. What I'd do is another thing!

just a pity the fools never get caught sneaking around main yard's without permission smashing up wagons, engines and 'tagging' everything they can see!

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
voyagerdude220 said:
You must have experienced a fatality then, to say that, although you may take it worse if you are the driver, you just don't really know until it happens.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
yorkie said:
You must have experienced a fatality then, to say that, although you may take it worse if you are the driver, you just don't really know until it happens.

Whatever yorkie, sure I have:rolleyes: (no I havent!! :mad:)

Sprog

Established Member
Ive seen a fatality..not a pleasent buisiness.

Any idea why the guy ran on the tracks?

Was he actualluy a chav or just a tw@t?

Where did he think he could go..surley that whole are is surrounded by steel security fencing (as can be seen in the picture) and he'd be trapped lineside with nowhere to go.

Whats with the other pic of the Bus with Cornflakes everywhere...?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
voyagerdude220 said:
Whatever yorkie, sure I have:rolleyes: (no I havent!! :mad:)
Then you may wish to consider whether what you posted as "fact" really is fact.
--- edited ---
spm_43030 said:
Where did he think he could go..surley that whole are is surrounded by steel security fencing (as can be seen in the picture) and he'd be trapped lineside with nowhere to go.
Looks to be heading for the works (Wabtec). He'll find a way through the fence, and there must be some access anyway.

O L Leigh

Established Member
Hi Gang!!

There's quite a lightness with which people are wishing others would get run over. I don't agree. Whatever the person is doing, no matter how stupid, I don't believe that anyone deserves to get clobbered.

Until you've actually run over a live human being, you can never know exactly how it feels or how you will react. You can surmise all you like, but you might be very surprised at how your reaction differs from your expectations. Those of us that have been involved in such incidents should be mindful of this when discussing fatalities with those who haven't. Equally, we can only speak from our own experiences.

However, those who have had no involvement should be respectful towards this topic, as there are no doubt railway staff and others on here who have been involved with railway fatalities, either directly or indirectly.

one TN

Jim

Established Member
IMO, people like him is what gives the law abbiding spotters a bad name & all the trouble we get at some places...

Tom B

Established Member
spm_43030 said:
Whats with the other pic of the Bus with Cornflakes everywhere...?

Looks like a KLF after some Chavs have had a ride...

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Jim said:
IMO, people like him is what gives the law abbiding spotters a bad name & all the trouble we get at some places...
I don't see how.

What has a random chav using trespassing on the railway got to do with smeone who collects numbers of trains?

AJP

He had nowt to do with trains just a random chav who assulted station staff and legged it.

Status
Not open for further replies.