• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

All line rover advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

billabob

I am planning on investing in a two week all line rover to enable me to be able to explore britain by rail in the most efficent way. I am struggling to compile a intineray. Currently I was looking at the south west where I can stay over along with the south east around bristol and the area up around Manchester. I have drafted a list of places as a draft but I was wondering whether anybody had any advice to enable me to get the most out of it.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

YorkshireBear

Established Member
One way to get the most is to (occasionally) use the sleepers that way you sleep and travel from highlands of scotland/far southwest to london. Reducing amount fo time just sat on a train. If what you want to do is see britain not go for mega haulage.

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
To be honest, I used an ALR to fit my plans rather than getting a plan to fit the ALR. My only advice would be to consider what you actually want to do, what the aim of the trip is and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.