• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

All Metrolink services suspended across Greater Manchester due to 'technical issue'

Status
Not open for further replies.

CosherB

Established Member
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/metrolink-cancelled-suspended-tram-late-11237453

All trams across Greater Manchester are currently suspended.

There is no service on any of the eight Metrolink lines.

Transport bosses say this is due to a ‘technical issue’ at Old Trafford.

It is not yet known how long the disruption will last.

A spokesman for Metrolink said: “Due to a communications failure at Old Trafford, the Ashton-under-Lyne line is currently suspended. We are sorry for any delay to your journey.”

In a tweet, the company wrote: “Due to a technical issue in the Network Management Centre all lines are currently suspended. Engineers are on route, updates to follow.”

Chaos on the roads in Manchester later! :(

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pemma

Veteran Member
The Metrolink network has completly shut down due to a technical failure meaning no communications can go in or out of the Network Management Centre. The shutdown started before 11:30 today and is still ongoing.

Crossover

Established Member
I find it almost unbelievable that this could happen - have they got no contingency at all to keep something running in such a situation?

Bungle965

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
I find it almost unbelievable that this could happen - have they got no contingency at all to keep something running in such a situation?

They have some sort of back up at Queens Road I think, but I'm not sure it is in very good nick... hence why they could not use it.
Sam
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Metrolink has been littered with problems over the last few weeks, only today there has been power issues in the City Centre and a failed tram in the Single Line Section going through St Peters Square.
Sam

Crossover

Established Member
They have some sort of back up at Queens Road I think, but I'm not sure it is in very good nick... hence why they could not use it.
Sam
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Metrolink has been littered with problems over the last few weeks, only today there has been power issues in the City Centre and a failed tram in the Single Line Section going through St Peters Square.
Sam

I think they need some new technical staff then - a failover plan is a bit of an essential!

Odd issues can be expected, but losing one thing and the entire network being brought to stand (and having to get people off away from platforms in many cases) is bordering unacceptable

Status
Not open for further replies.