• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

All The Stations - project to video every British Railway Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

overthewater

Established Member
I'm rather surprised there never check the timetable? Yet there tweet never once mention there ask for afternoon times.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

daikilo

Established Member
I'm rather surprised there never check the timetable? Yet there tweet never once mention there ask for afternoon times.

Geoff regularly mentions e.g. one train per day/week at xxxx or how they will reschedule to accommodate a delay or cancellation. Whilst they are occasionally seen in front of a paper departures, he seems to do most on his Smartphone (or have it done for them).

As for the end point, as they started at Penzance, Wick seems logical.

xc170

Plenty of instagram content over the last couple of weeks of various lines and stations, but little in the way of actual videos, two episodes and two vlogs...

route101

Established Member
Where they got caught out by one of diesels that runs 7 minutes earlier than the 380s in the "hourly" service, so had to wait for the next one. Imagine, not checking RTT or the National Rail app, amateurs! :p

From their Instagram story they are back travelling east again, must be off to do Dunbar?

They went onto to do the Borders railway . I didnt know N.Berwick had a diesel service still.
If their train up from Newcastle called at Dunbar they wouldnt of needed to go back to Dunbar

Kite159

Veteran Member
They went onto to do the Borders railway . I didnt know N.Berwick had a diesel service still.
If their train up from Newcastle called at Dunbar they wouldnt of needed to go back to Dunbar

Only 5 services a (week)day calls at both Berwick-upon-Tweed & Dunbar. Although assuming they stayed in Newcastle last night, they could have caught the Leeds - Aberdeen HST which does call at both which departed Newcastle at a reasonable time

I'm surprised at the diesel to North Berwick as well, always thought it was solely 380 operated. I knew about the Saturday 158s to Dunbar due to not having enough 380s due to North Berwick being half hourly

berneyarms

Established Member
Plenty of instagram content over the last couple of weeks of various lines and stations, but little in the way of actual videos, two episodes and two vlogs...

That's a little harsh.

Over the past two weeks (since July 20) there have been 6 full videos uploaded and also three bonus videos on Geoff's channel (ignoring the vlogs).

Last edited:

Ginaro

Yeah realised that once I saw their photo from Stow. As for the diesel, only going by what RTT said, but it would explain the 7 minute time difference:
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/G85270/2017/08/03/advanced 1222
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/G85299/2017/08/03/advanced 1522

overthewater

Established Member
Another day more trouble, so there had to change there plans again, Scotland NOT given them an easy time. Mind you the Edinburgh Festival is on so :D

DuncanS

Vehicle hitting a bridge at Grahamston has seen them held at Camelon this afternoon - should get off and go to the Wheel - The Worlds only rotating boat lift.

...and hopefully its all resolved by the time I go home.

overthewater

Established Member
There had REAL trouble trying to say Alloa :D by the end of the day it seems there went to North Queensferry.

Ginaro

There had REAL trouble trying to say Alloa :D by the end of the day it seems there went to North Queensferry.

Ha, just seen that video on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/AllTheStations/videos/1345566248875630/

Their route today seemed to be: Edinburgh - Springfield - Dundee - Perth - Stirling - Alloa - Camelon - taxi to Falkirk High - Edinburgh - Fife Circle and back.

Crap weather so hopefully they get a better day when presumably they will go back across the bridge and along the coast to the awkward stations near Dundee.

Last edited:

ijmad

Established Member
Am I the only one bored to tears with it now? Stopped following.

The number of views on the videos are definitely dropping. But it was all funded through crowdsourcing anyway right? So they're good to go all the way even if no-one watches...

dk1

Veteran Member
The number of views on the videos are definitely dropping. But it was all funded through crowdsourcing anyway right? So they're good to go all the way even if no-one watches...

Oh, no idea about that mate. Sounds far too technical & even more monotonous.

Kite159

Veteran Member
I wonder if they will break up the run on the far north to visit dunrobin castle, or will it just be a passing mention if the train stops there

Established Member
Im still enjoying it although I would have had a different conversation with that Virgin designer guy along the lines that the East Coast livery is crap especially on HST's and the Azuma name is equally crap.<(

On the plus side I expect much of the 800's is already set in stone by the Dft so Virgin carn't **** it up too much unlike the garbage interiors on the Voyagers and 390's

I wouldn't have minded doing something like myself although I think mine would have been a purely personal commentary on todays railways, but all credit to them for the idea, getting it funded, the good quality production and some of the senior people they have managed to interview.

Last edited:

route101

Established Member

I can understand why someone might find it boring , but being from Glasgow its getting more interesting now as to see how they find Scotland .

DuncanS

Alloa Athletic is a Scottish football club. If you had ever listened to the football scores, you would know the BBC's version.

...and Stirling station and the trains announce it correctly, unlike Camelon ;)

And the Asda the station is built behind, it being a new station when they reopened the line, is on the site of what was when I were a lad the Skol brewery.

Last edited:

TheEdge

Established Member

Bored out of my mind of it. Had great hopes, now it seems to have become a jolly and doesn't seem to represent what they claimed it was going to be. Oh well.

Michael.Y

Established Member

They were on a break week / weekend.

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Bored out of my mind of it. Had great hopes, now it seems to have become a jolly and doesn't seem to represent what they claimed it was going to be. Oh well.

This is what their website says:

"All The Stations is a project to travel to ALL the national railway stations in Britain over the spring and summer of 2017, and to create an online documentary film about the journey."

What bit of that are they not doing then?

TheEdge

Established Member
This is what their website says:

"All The Stations is a project to travel to ALL the national railway stations in Britain over the spring and summer of 2017, and to create an online documentary film about the journey."

What bit of that are they not doing then?

I'm not sure, I can't put my finger on it. Before you get all fanboy defensive I supported it, I put £20 in the crowdfund and the first few weeks I really like the videos but they seem to have become nothing more than a vlog of a couple doing an ALR that someone else is paying for.

overthewater

Established Member
Alloa Athletic is a Scottish football club. If you had ever listened to the football scores, you would know the BBC's version.

Alas I just say Alloa when I get on the bus to visit the place, so no footy scores for me ;)

...and Stirling station and the trains announce it correctly, unlike Camelon ;)

And the Asda the station is built behind, it being a new station when they reopened the line, is on the site of what was when I were a lad the Skol brewery.

Alloa used to have lots of Breweries, now there all gone. Mind you as town planning has gone Alloa has two big supermarket right in the centre of town.

I'm not sure, I can't put my finger on it. Before you get all fanboy defensive I supported it, I put £20 in the crowdfund and the first few weeks I really like the videos but they seem to have become nothing more than a vlog of a couple doing an ALR that someone else is paying for.

Is it because the lassie is now exploring the towns and were getting to see less and less of the actual stations?

Gathursty

Established Member
I can see a parallel in Geoff and Vicki diverting from solely station viewing. Particularly in more sceninc parts of the country, it's hard not to want to see sights which are close to stations you wouldn't normally be anywhere near. Personally, I've made excursions of station bashing to the Eden Project, Portmeirion, Cadbury's World, Stonehenge and others. In fact my latest trip report is quite a digression from what I thought my passion in trains would take me several years ago. However, I've not been crowdfunded.

Feathers44

I've cooled on it a bit but I think that's more for reasons of endurance and the fact that every area I actually know has been covered.

I guess we'll see what the documentary looks like in the fullness of time although they appear to be setting expectations along the line of more of the same from some of the videos that have been dropped recently. I think it's perhaps a little less infrastructure and a little more social commentary than some would like.

bramling

Veteran Member
I've cooled on it a bit but I think that's more for reasons of endurance and the fact that every area I actually know has been covered.

I guess we'll see what the documentary looks like in the fullness of time although they appear to be setting expectations along the line of more of the same from some of the videos that have been dropped recently. I think it's perhaps a little less infrastructure and a little more social commentary than some would like.

Maybe I shouldn't be so cynical, but I can't help but think a little more of anything else apart from "look at me" (or perhaps "look at us") would have been preferable. To my eyes this appears to be the main purpose of the mission.

TheEdge

Established Member

I think thats much more what it was sold like and what I was hoping for. The earlier episodes seemed more like that but now just seem to be a vlog.

Status
Not open for further replies.