All The Stations - project to video every British Railway Station

Discussion in 'Infrastructure & Stations' started by AntoniC, 17 Feb 2017.

1. Kite159

Kite159 Established Member

I know they missed out Corby the first time round due to the EMT service getting cancelled due to signalling issues, but since revisited it when they returned to London [I think the Greenford branch got missed off the first time as well].

Judging by the Map it looks like the Glasgow Suburban Area is mostly done, now onto the more time consuming (but beautiful) lines such as the West Highlands/Highland Main Line etc

Last edited: 10 Aug 2017
  2. Altfish

Altfish Member

Hopefully they will catch the Jacobite to Mallaig

3. GusB

GusB Member

I fail to see why their engagement/marital status has any bearing on the project as a whole. It's none of our business!

4. Railguy1

Railguy1 Member

I have enjoyed the videos but I am also glad its coming to an end because I miss the least used station segments...

5. och aye

och aye Member

They could do an three in a row with Balmossie, Barry Links & Golf Street being pretty much together on the Aberdeen to Edinburgh line. :D

6. trash80

trash80 Member

Yes i know though, i'm not interested myself though a lot here keep asking about it. Maybe people like a soap opera.

7. Dhassell

Dhassell Member

I don't think they can, as it doesn't stop at 'All The Stations'.

8. jopsuk

jopsuk Veteran Member

depends on whether they'll go Mallaig-Kyle via Skye or make a return back down the WHL. They could could take the steam train one way, take a normal service the other.

9. Altfish

Altfish Member

Good point!

Maybe The Jacobite one way and the service train the other.

10. Requeststop

Requeststop Member

Yes an excellent read, and Paul Merton did a handful of Programmes based on the book.

First request-stop in the book? Lelant, of course.

11. Essexman

Essexman Member

I'm writing one on Remote Stations. I went to Havenhouse on Thursday and have two more trips to do. The book will be out next year. It will be more railway based than Dixie's which is an enjoyable read but more of a travel book than a railway book.

12. Blindtraveler

Blindtraveler Established Member

Latest episode is live and is very possibly my favourite yet, its entitled All The Pacers, All of Them

there is a clear divide between man and woman on this with Vicky liking them and Geff not! It made me smile when they included a montage of all the pacers they have ridden up til the Chadhill one which is their last and the end music has even been changed to say all the pacers, all of them several times before saying stupid pacers right at the very end, a statement with which I naturally disagree!

13. xc170

xc170 Member

You'll have to update us on this and let us know when it's out! :D

14. PR1Berske

PR1Berske Established Member

I do wonder if we're going to have to put up with "it's a jolly!" claims for the rest of recorded time :roll:

15. trash80

trash80 Member

Well it has been very jolly

16. nlogax

nlogax Member

Indeed. They're becoming bloody tiresome.

17. 47802

47802 Established Member

Well if they do this again in 2020 Pacer should be extinct, some of the capacity issues should have ben addressed although how well remains to be seen, and will any of the difficult stations with very limited train services see an improvement?

18. Philip

Philip Member

Pacers were supposed to be extinct by 1995! They can make whatever statements they like about removing Pacers by such-and-such-a-year, until it actually happens I refuse to believe they'll be gone by then. Chances are they'll all undergo some modification to make them DDA compliant!

Last edited: 13 Aug 2017
  19. woodhouse122

woodhouse122 Member

I did't contribute to the kickstarter for this project,but i wish i had done as it"s been a entertaing time following the youtube videos,vicki's facebook lives and geoff's periscopes plus the instagram pics-if they need some more kickstarter funding for a future project i'd deffinetly consider stumping up some cash (and i'm seriously considering buying a Iā™”pacers T shirt from thier online shop :D

Last edited: 13 Aug 2017
  20. PR1Berske

PR1Berske Established Member

Ah deleted sorry, misread the post.