• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

All the trimmings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Last year we ate out at a local hotel - an old coaching inn.
OK it was £70 but the grub was lovely
And we ate at 1:30. Opp Norf, dinnertime is at midday. Evening meals are tea or supper
I had the venison - not a fan of turkey. No Yorkshire puddings tho :(
(we were 7. Think there were 4 different choices as to the mains.)
You'd get much better value 'Opp Norf'. Down in darkest Cornwall, much further from London and the S.E. than anywhere in Northern England, we're treated with contempt by restauranteurs who charge the highest prices for inferior food and service on the basis that they'll never see you again! (they certainly don't). Believe it or not, when I eat out in London on infrequent forays, I get better food for,at most, two thirds of what I've had paid in Kernow.

trainmania100

Established Member
Guess it just refers to all the usual trimmings like pigs in blankets, veg, sauce, gravy and stuffing

cb a1

For me, a meal roughly in the middle of the day is dinner if hot, lunch if cold.
I can happily have two dinners in one day but I've never had a lunch at any other time than in the middle of the day.
As a gluten-free (not by choice) vegetarian (by choice), I probably enjoy all the trimmings more than the 'main' - nut roast - bleurgh.
Sprouts and parsnips though are abominations.
Carrots, Broccolli, Cauli, Roast potatoes and Mash are great.

gnolife

Established Member
For me, a meal roughly in the middle of the day is dinner if hot, lunch if cold.
I can happily have two dinners in one day but I've never had a lunch at any other time than in the middle of the day.
As a gluten-free (not by choice) vegetarian (by choice), I probably enjoy all the trimmings more than the 'main' - nut roast - bleurgh.
Sprouts and parsnips though are abominations.
Carrots, Broccolli, Cauli, Roast potatoes and Mash are great.
Mash!? Round here, if you offered mash with Christmas dinner, they'd offer to mash your head!

Status
Not open for further replies.