• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Allergic Reactions advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbie babs

For those that don`t know I have been ill since Nov/Dec and now its got worse. I have an Epi Pen now for emergency`s for my Allergic Reactions but what I wanted advice on is the following after consultation with doctors.

The doctors have assured me someone on the train would know enough first aid to help. I realise the guard would probably know, but if they are up the other end I might not have enough time and I would certainly not be able to go and get them so as

I travel on trains for work and pleasure and
I now carry a card stating I carry an Epi Pen
If I had an attack on the train and needed the Epi Pen, has anyone ever been in a similar position or know of anyone that has been in the same position.

Is there anything I should be aware of or should I sit in a certain carriage.

I am worried that people sitting on the train might not help because they are not sure of what to do.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Crossover

Established Member
To be honest, I wouldn't know what to do and would seek to find someone who did

To be honest, I'd have thought on the majority of trains the chances of someone with First Aid knowledge being around would be reasonably high

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Do you have one of those SOS necklaces round your neck? They screw open and contain a piece of paper with your relevant details on.

richw

Veteran Member
In honesty i wouldnt know what to look for or do with an epi pen,where is the tag/ card that says you carry it?

Status
Not open for further replies.