• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Alliance Rail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masboroughlad

Established Member
Alliance have just announced on Twitter that they have submitted a bid on behalf of Grand Central that....

It gives a link but that just takes you to their website which hasn't been updated.

Any idea what they have submitted?! I am none the wiser!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pemma

Veteran Member
Looks like they are working together now that DB/Arriva are involved with both Alliance and Grand Central.

The full post on Facebook says "Alliance has today submitted 2 applications to the ORR on behalf of sister company Grand Central seeking permission to run 4 extra trains on weekdays from December 2012. One between Sunderland and King’s Cross (return) and the other between Bradford and King’s Cross (return). More details will soon be available at the Alliance website"

I imagine they tried to post that on Twitter but Twitter truncated it.

Masboroughlad

Established Member
Looks like they are working together now that DB/Arriva are involved with both Alliance and Grand Central.

The full post on Facebook says "Alliance has today submitted 2 applications to the ORR on behalf of sister company Grand Central seeking permission to run 4 extra trains on weekdays from December 2012. One between Sunderland and King’s Cross (return) and the other between Bradford and King’s Cross (return). More details will soon be available at the Alliance website"

I imagine they tried to post that on Twitter but Twitter truncated it.

That makes sense! Thank you.

The joys (not) of Twitter!

Yew

Established Member
So maybe we will be doing a few of these on the ECML again?
Edinburgh2.jpg

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
A number of fairly recent Alliance track access applications have now been marked 'withdrawn by applicant' on the ORR website

Given the current DfT policy is pretty much dead against open access, how long before this new one is withdrawn as well?

Masboroughlad

Established Member

Thanks - I could remember there had a thread about some new applications, its just that the latest tweet left it open........
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
A number of fairly recent Alliance track access applications have now been marked 'withdrawn by applicant' on the ORR website

Given the current DfT policy is pretty much dead against open access, how long before this new one is withdrawn as well?

Which ones have been withdrawn? They had plans for over 60 trains on WCML!

pemma

Veteran Member

That's probably down to Alliance and Grand Central bidding against each other for similar services. They now need one new joint bid if they want to introduce new services.

YorkshireBear

Established Member
My favourite of the Alliance plans was the transpennine one. They are probably best as one company and then trying to buy out first hull trains too... They would have more sucess that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.