• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Allowed routes on Colchester-Stratford (London) or Colchester-London Liverpool Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmather

Good morning all

I am new here and I have tried to get my head around the routing but seem to be failing thus far.

Basically I would like to know wether by buying either a Colchester-London Stratford or Colchester-London Liverpool Street season ticket/monthly ticket/whatever would I be allowed to travel to Cambridge or at least via Cambridge on that ticket?

A bit cheeky but just wondering if it's allowed.

Kind regards

George

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
Haven't bothered to look at the Routing Guide but a quick check on NRE says the fare is almost double that way. Not unreasonable - immediate reaction was "why ever would it be allowed".

A season ticket from somewhere like Bury would presumably cover you both ways if you seriously wanted to.

Last edited:

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Routeing guide says that only map CO applies for Colchester to London and Stratford. Map CO only permits journeys down the GEML so unless there is a direct Colchester London/Stratford via Cambridge service then no it isn't a permitted route.

I'm not sure why there would be any expectation that it would be to be honest!

Status
Not open for further replies.